Used 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Worst Car I have ever bought
By Abigail

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car had multiple problems and after only having it a few months it needed repairs that cost thousands of dollars. The CVT transmission was faulty, shocks and struts needed to be replaced twice after only using the car lightly. The key-less ignition had serious problems. Vibration on freeway. Very loud car. Comfort was ok at best. Pretty fair cargo space for a compact car, but definitely not worth the 11,000 dollars I paid for it.

"ANOTHER AMAZING NISSAN OFFERING"
By WB1013

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2.0s manual-great car for it's class and initial investment. Drove both the manual/CVT although I was pleased with the CVT-went with the manual (like to get to the gear I want). I get an amazing average 34 mpg-99% of the time I am the only one in the car/don't carry a lot/and am on the interstate-so that has a much to do with it. Nissans fabric (mesh-like) choice was ingenious- shows zero wear-trunk is spacious-back seat is ample-int design is comfortable (I am 6,1'') and well thought-out. Had one issue (warranty) climate control fan went out-sounded like I had a helicopter blade rotating in the dash. Fixed and no issues since. Nissan always seems to embody quality and value (have owned 6) great- car!

Bluetooth and stereo controls on the stearing wheel - MPG and Distance read- out. Leather-wrapped stearing wheel and shiftknob.

Suspension and brakes wish they were tighter and bigger - but aftermarket options are vast...wish I had a moonroof... maybe I'll add that aftermarket too.

ITS ALRIGHT
By gotoguy

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I thought I liked this car when I test drove it but after having it a while now I wish I would have bought a Toyota Corolla. My friend just bought a new one and it seems like such a better car than mine. This Nissan's interior wears really easily... don't get if you have children! Scratch marks everywhere. It looks like I let a scared cat loose in the car. My car also had a really cheap new car scent to it. Like foam, plastic and baby barf combined. It used to upset my stomach this "new" car scent Nissan has. I tried to pull a small U-haul trailer with this car and the engine over-heated. My CD player/stereo had to be replaced the first month I bought it. Just not happy with it.

I used to like the headlights and the taillights but now they look odd to me.

What type of sheet metal do they use anyway? It's not the best thats for sure.

Nice, spaaaaacious, fuel efficient car!
By Reinholdt

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Got the 2.0s 6M in April, and I found the ride very quiet and reasonably well mannered. It certainly does not like any sort of rough road, however, where the suspension can have me bouncing around all over the cabin. The shift throw had been difficult to get used to, but that's okay. I mean, I can play "hide-n-go-seek" inside the cabin there is sooo much space! I do find the quality of the plastics inside to be lacking. The interior is very easy to mark if you are not careful but overall, a great car for my long commute, and knowing the Nissan powerplant, the engine should get me close to half a million KMs.

Fuel economy, SPACE, SPACE, SPACE! Great seats.

Better quality interior plastic, more forgiving suspension, gas pedal too close to centre console (foot not really centered on pedal), glare on radio display.

Amazing value
By OT

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a car that feels way more expensive than it was. Consider the motor: it's got liquid-filled mounts and at idle, it's so quiet I once tried to start the engine while it was running! More torque than most 2.0L engines, and I love the 6-speed (which Renault co-designed and uses in their cars). The seats are plush but supportive, good for at least 4 hrs continuous driving (I've done it). Way more backseat and trunk space than "compact" cars used to have. Tire pressure monitors, computerized (RFID key) ignition cutoff, high safety rating, all standard. Plus Nissan reliability and resale value!

Oil filter is easily accessible without getting under the car, so with my oil suction pump I never have to raise the car for oil changes :) Auxiliary audio input in a base model is fantastic. ABS was not standard, but only about $200 more (invoice pricing), worth it for the insurance discount.

The sideview mirrors don't turn out far enough to completely eliminate blindspots. The opening for the trunk is small, although the trunk itself is large. Fuel economy can't match the civic. 6th gear could be a little taller, for better highway mpg. Air conditioning is a bit on the weak side.