Good.
By Travis Austin on
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
My first real car out of college, living in the suburbs of Chicago and was in need of something that I didn't have to mess with. Corolla was the default choice, but I actually found this more manageable in the act of driving. Fuel economy is 40 going 55 mph, 35 at 65 mph, and around 33 on typical highway driving. For the size I feel the car could get a little better, but if you know how to drive for the sake of economy, it makes a significant difference. I have the low-end version and I think the stereo is fine. The drive is quite smooth, though admittedly I'm not entirely used to driving newer cars. Zippy. Smooth ride on the highway. Glad I have this.
Favorite Features
It's a very classy exterior design. Fuel economy is solid. I find the drive pretty assertive. Very tight, smooth handling. So far no issues with the car in reliability terms, though I would recommend getting a warranty. MP3 jack was, sadly, a real selling point for me.
Suggested Improvements
Intermittent noises drive the paranoia. I bought this used and a few bits and pieces aren't secured in place. A slightly cheap feel. But this is a cheap car. So one should expect that.