2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: An awesome little car

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

An awesome little car
By hurryup on

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Some of these reviews amaze me. My husband purchased ours new in '06 and it is now 5 years old & has 140,000mi plus on it & runs and drives great. The gas mileage is awesome too. My husband changes our own oil (using synthetic oil & always changes the air filter) The sticker said the car would get 31mpg highway but our average is usually 31.9 and we do tons of driving in town. The last trip we went on I drove 120miles half of it was stop & go the other half was highway and my average for the trip was 38.8mpg (thats fabulous) We could get that kind of gas mileage all the time if we tried (and no we don't shut off the a/c)

This is a very reliable car but I wouldn't recommend it for someone with kids in carseats expecially rear facing ones. It was cramped when our son was born so my husband kept driving it and got me a bigger vehicle. Now that our son is in a forward facing carseat there seems to be more room but its not exactly roomy... We will be buying another one though for my husband to drive back and forth to work in once this one dies on us (I don't see that happening anytime soon)

I wish nissan had worked out the kinks with it being hard to start. This car has never left us stranded or anything but you do have to push the gas some to get it to crank. This is something I can live with since it is reliable and great on gas.