Average
By travisaustin08 on
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Bought at 54,000 miles. It's now July 2011. Currently at 96,100 miles. Fuel pump is the biggest problem. Delay in starting about 33% of all starts. Already have had to replace it once. As of yet, that's been the biggest repair (that, and the rotors). Handling is nimble, but not hugely solid. The driving experience isn't hugely amazing. I've had the nagging feeling ever since purchasing it that I could have gotten something better. It's a basic car. Don't expect anything special. The jury's still out on how reliable this car will be and I'm strongly debating trading it in for something brand new. It'll definitely worth it if it lasts beyond at least 175,000. I expect around 150,000.
Favorite Features
The engine is pretty reliable. Aux jack is great. Stereo bumps (though there's a buzzing in one speaker--probably my fault for loud playback). Without AC on, I've managed roughly 37 MPG, higher than the rating. It'll reward you if you don't drive like an idiot. I should state that beyond the fuel pump and the usual aspects of maintenance, this has been a decently dependable ride. There's not been any huge surprises or shocks. Engine sounds fine in idling. Silver lining--the plain styling will likely ward anyone from ever wanting to steal it.
Suggested Improvements
The interior build quality is pretty cheap. Plastics aren't durable or visually compelling. Door handle from the driver's side has needed replaced. Electronics aren't hugely reliable. It's close to 100,000, and unfortunately, it does feel like it's been driven long. Trunk is small. I live near an IKEA and more often than not it's been a pain to load anything significant in this. The biggest problem, again, is the delayed starts. If the fuel pump wasn't a recurring issue I'd likely be significantly more satisfied with the purchase. It's definitely not a road-trip car.