Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Unreliable
By AZ

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm very disappointed in this car. It just got its second fuel pump about 6,000 miles ago which is going bad again, the rack and pinion had to be replaced soon after purchase, the drivers door seal leaked water and had to be replaced, the radio stopped playing out of the passenger side speakers and had to be replaced, the drivers window regulator has been replaced three times and still doesn't work properly (the dealer also broke the glass twice), the air conditioner doesn't blow cold unless your on the highway, when you turn the air conditioner on it makes a weird noise, and their is a squealing noise when you start the car and the dealer/nissan customer service are not help at all.

price although its not worth the headache, the aux jack, gas mileage

reliability, cup holders, nissan customer service (they told me I should have called each time the car was at the dealer to let them know I was having problems)

Great car
By iog

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Nissy. I did not have with it any troubles at all.

Fuel economy, exterior radiant color and soft-shaped design, fun driving, comfort interior.

To reduce the price.

Point A to Point B with some extras
By David

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Parents bought me this car (first one). Had it for 2 years this month. Average 29mpg 23 city / 39 highway. I usually only do 65-70mph on high way, was shocked at the mileage. I like that it has an aux. jack, which btw the 2006 infiniti doesn't even have (only included in the 2008 model). Windshield wipers leave massive streaks, but I think I needed to get that replaced. I can't ever seem to find a comfortable head rest position on long trips. Engine sometimes misfires on start up, I just have to wait a second and try again, not that big of deal. Hate the cup holders, fine for cups, but bottles fall right out on corners, also hits cd buttons because of position. 20 yo/boy/5'8''

aux audio jack, price ($12k before taxes in 2007). great high way mpg. stereo system is pretty good, not noisy for the neighbors.

cup holders!! head rests. Would suggest better tires since mine slips like crazy in the snow, dad replaced them with eagle gt's but I'm getting a 09 altima this week so I won't know how they handle.

Too many defects
By blair

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my 2nd Sentra and our family's 6th Nissan since 1988. I also purchased the same model/year for my daughter, which was clearly a mistake. This will be my last Nissan as both the quality and reliability have decreased tremendously! My daughter and I both have problems with the fuel pumps needing replaced multiple times because of a defect. We are getting ready to take our vehicles back to the dealership for the 3rd time for fuel pump issues. Belts had to be replaced at 20k miles, because as dealership said, "they're inferior". Back window jammed due to defective part in door (back window was hardly used). These aren't quality cars anymore.

Decent gas mileage.

Terrible cupholders!

great for the $
By Aaron

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for gas mileage, but was also impressed with performance from the little 1.8. Very reliable, only problem so far is the heater control lite. car is pretty comfortable for the size, the back seat is tight, but who cares I sit in the front.

Economy, handling, cheap to own, and the older style body (the car looks like a car, not a wedge of cheese or something).

My biggest complaint is the rather low 5th gear, (RPM whine on the highway). I think is to avoid having to down shift on highway, but it hurts high-speed fuel economy (MPG drastically drops as you drive above 70-80ish.)