Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

great for the $
By Aaron

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for gas mileage, but was also impressed with performance from the little 1.8. Very reliable, only problem so far is the heater control lite. car is pretty comfortable for the size, the back seat is tight, but who cares I sit in the front.

Favorite Features

Economy, handling, cheap to own, and the older style body (the car looks like a car, not a wedge of cheese or something).

Suggested Improvements

My biggest complaint is the rather low 5th gear, (RPM whine on the highway). I think is to avoid having to down shift on highway, but it hurts high-speed fuel economy (MPG drastically drops as you drive above 70-80ish.)

Great Car
By Matt

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Sentra 1.8S Special Edition for a little over a year now. Made trips from Texas to Missouri and Texas to Maryland several times in it with no serious issues at all. My only complaint is the Stock alloy wheels aren't built very strong, I have had one bend due to normal driving. I just invested in a new set of 4 the same size. Other than that Ive had a rear speaker blow out and a backlight on the climate control dials go out (climate controls still worked just irritating to drive at night and not see the controls). Warranty replaced everything. Average 33 MPG. I am very happy with it.

Favorite Features

MP3 player input. Stereo. Cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger rim package

Good.
By Travis Austin

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My first real car out of college, living in the suburbs of Chicago and was in need of something that I didn't have to mess with. Corolla was the default choice, but I actually found this more manageable in the act of driving. Fuel economy is 40 going 55 mph, 35 at 65 mph, and around 33 on typical highway driving. For the size I feel the car could get a little better, but if you know how to drive for the sake of economy, it makes a significant difference. I have the low-end version and I think the stereo is fine. The drive is quite smooth, though admittedly I'm not entirely used to driving newer cars. Zippy. Smooth ride on the highway. Glad I have this.

Favorite Features

It's a very classy exterior design. Fuel economy is solid. I find the drive pretty assertive. Very tight, smooth handling. So far no issues with the car in reliability terms, though I would recommend getting a warranty. MP3 jack was, sadly, a real selling point for me.

Suggested Improvements

Intermittent noises drive the paranoia. I bought this used and a few bits and pieces aren't secured in place. A slightly cheap feel. But this is a cheap car. So one should expect that.

Thanks for the warranty
By Ron

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had car 2 months bought it used 24,700 mile now 29,634. Took it to the dealer, had trouble starting, they called head gasket, thanks for the warranty no cost, gets great mileage 35. Like the car, I hope it has no more problems, brake are noisy.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, S package, nice car

Suggested Improvements

cup holders,

Good little car
By Bill

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have 44K on my 2006 Sentra SE. I have done nothing but normal maintenance. No tires, brakes, anything. Serpentine belts are due for replacement but overall I am quite satisfied with the car. The lack of guts is due to the 1.8 instead of the 2.5. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to wait for a 2.5 to be ordered/delivered.

Favorite Features

Body style, power window button location. Cup holders stink but otherwise the controls are ergonomic and the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer bushings. That soft rubber is scary! I prefer polyurethane, but a high durometer rubber on "all" models should be standard with poly optional. Turbo for the 1.8 or a V-6 should be optional as well.