2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Six months since purchase of Spec V...
By Angelo on 08/14/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Spec V for 6 months. The only time I have had it in the garage was for Oil changes which I gladly perform myself. It is very reliable, I even learned to drive stick with this car and it does not seem to give. My only Mod is a NISMO Cold-Air Intake. It was definatly worth $230. The CAI does also improve gas mileage about 5-10%. The engine is so much louder after I put it on and pushed the gas to the floor. It certainly has more punch. I plan on getting at least exhaust headers and a Cat-back system.

Love it!
By good vehicle on 08/04/06 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It was the first brand new car I've ever purchased on my own. Its perfect for my budget (I'm a college student) and its incredible reliable. I had a 98 Sentra in high school and had not a single problem. So far I've had no problems with this car. I absolutely love it.

Sold on Nissan
By R.F.MARTINEC on 08/03/06 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The conservative styling and ride of this compact car sold me. This is my second Sentra and I am very impressed with the upgrades Nissan's has done with this model for 2006. I use this car primary for commuting and a few long distance trips. Average fuel economy is 24-26 mpg in mix city driving. and about 10 mpg more with highway driving. This is not bad cosidering I have an automatic. My only compliant is some interior rattles on ruff pavement.

Should have bought the Honda...
By Ross on 08/01/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a '98 Sentra SE that was a great car. Replaced it with an '06 1.8S that is the worst car I've ever driven. The interior is the worst color ever imagined, and I think they used slinkies for the springs. The suspension is absolutely terrible! It doesn't corner well, it's unstable on the highway, and it's rough over even mild bumps. The cupholders were definitely not tested on a manual transmission model, downshifting into 1st usually results in hitting whatever is in them and spilling your drink. After 2000 miles, the car had already developed more squeaks and rattles than my 8 year car had in its lifetime. Do yourself a favor an spend the extra $2000 to buy a Civic.

Don't buy this one AT ALL COST!!
By Dan Philbeck on 07/29/06 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After getting this car, it started falling apart. The interior trim is terrible. I have broken 22 pieces off in it. Not by pulling or jerking on them. Knobs, switches, etc. you name it. I have been at the dealer 10 times on this piece of junk. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

My best friend
By luvmysentra on 07/26/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Sentra for little over a month now, and am absolutely pleased with my purchase. I was looking for a simple, yet comfortable car with fuel efficiency as the most important feature. I purchased a 1.8s and was able to get many more features than I'd ever expected on my "college student" income. All the features are automatic, I have a manual transmission with cruise control (I love this feature), and the trip odometer has about 6 different displays that I cannot find in any of my friends' cars. I use the MPG and dte displays most frequently. After 1300 miles, I am averaging just under 32 mpg in mixed driving conditions. This care is dependable, comfortable, and a great buy!

Sentra is great!
By Missnay14 on 07/16/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 06' Sentra 1.8 S is a fun car to drive, good for a first time car owner. Good overall performance, very sporty. The Sentra also has the best brakes in its class, which lends for better performance. The Sentra is very easy to operate, the layout is awesome, everything inside the car is easily found.

good economy car
By gman on 07/13/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a good economy car that is reliable.Its doesn't have alot of room inside but it gets the job done.

fun
By teendriver on 06/24/06 23:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i rented this car while mine was being fixed and it was REALLY fun to drive. the engine sounds great and handles pretty good. it's ok on gas and accelerates really well. the interior looked cheap but was simple and served its purpose. it was a little small inside and i would pity a heavy person if they tried to drive it. the a/c was ice cold and the radio was decent. about three days into driving it the brake was making a squeaky noise but that was probley my fault.

My 2 Nissan Sentra
By Frank on 06/24/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own 2 the only thing I do not like is the rockford fosgate system. Speaker went bad on back order (Rear speaker) CD player had to be replaced on my 05 sentra. Speaker was in the 06 sentra. Very fuel efficent car. I get upward of 40 miles per gallon if I keep car under 65 MPH. Car is great and very quiet on road trips suspension just a little stiff but nice car to drive on long trips. I do not like the stereo only problem I have with the cars every thing else is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.