Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

too light
By dakota

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

if the road is slick and a truck passes you,watch out, you will be in the ditch. the wind blows this car all over so I got rid of it after some close calls

better stability

Good but not great
By shakalaka

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car in 2006 with only 300 miles on it, since then I have driven to hell and back. It now has 127369 miles on the engine, and the car still running strong. I already replaced the belts, spark plugs and the stock tires, but that would qualify as normal wear replacement. The one issue and biggest problem I have with this car is the fuel pump, at 80,000 miles it gave out and I found out many sentra customers have the same issue. Why will Nissan not do a recall on this unit, to me it seems like nissan does not care for its customers. They want this to come out of our own pocket even though it is a manufacturer problem, nothing the customer has done has caused this faulty fuel kit.

good engine still a nissan!

better transmission, better placement of cup holders, remember the motto "customer comes first", do a recall on the fuel pump assembly and redesign the whole fuel kit even when replaced its faulty once used, they are just putting on the car a new bad part.

Best gas mileage car ever!!
By sentraowner

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Nissan Sentra. The first 2 lasted 240k and 320k. This one is heading for 400k if the body will hold. With the 1.8L engine, manual 5 spd transmission, Amsoil 0w-30 full synthetic oil, full synthetic in both the manual transmission and the transaxle, this car averages 38-44mpg with cruise control on and at 65 mph. I use my Garmin Nuvi to sync my speedometer and find it is 3mph slow. Bad points: Slow acceleration Good points: Great in the snow, even in WNY winters. Very reliable. Only dealer service I have had is having the belts (timing, alternator, water pump) changed every 60k. Oil changes at 10-15K miles using Amsoil filters.

Gas mileage, reliability

None

Love it BUT rims stink
By armywife41709

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Now here is the think! I have had this car since it had 13 miles on it! Now 3 yrs old and 47,500 miles later. I have bent 4 rims on this things! I know I know its not a manufacture issue but this stinks! It cost $200 per rim to replace through a private person and $600 through a dealership! Other than that I love the car minus the front cup holders. Just like everyone else. You put your cup in and it hits the cd player. Now that I'm married and have a child the car is getting too small. I cant get more than 3 people in comfortable. I'm trying to sell my car and get something else but cant because I still owe way too much!

the special edition is great. love the sound system

cupholders!! BETTER QUALITY RIMS

Transmission Problems
By lilcrot

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my husband because of a traveling job. It only had 3000 miles when I got it. at 72605 miles we had to get a new transmission (3-19- 08) on 5-9-08 at 77732 miles had to get the whole assembly kit again (thank god under the transmission was under warranty still) and the snap ring had popped off. here we are at 92000 miles and having to get the transmission worked on again. all this car has been for us is trouble.

• SUV