2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great little head turner!
By cobra989 on 06/28/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this little car, I have owned several different cars and raced professionally and this car is the most race-like experience that I have found for under 25k. I didnt want a Honda/Acura because everyone has one, so the Spec V is the next best choice. I am glad I bought it, never had any regrets w/over 23k on it in 9 months. I have smiled with every mile I've driven.

06 Sentra SE-R Spec V
By Alex on 05/03/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a yellow SE R Spec V in February, I love how it stuck out in the lot. In fact, the day I bought it I got a speeding ticket. I love the car, it's so much fun to drive. Doesn't go too well in the snow with those little tires but that's okay. Everything else works great and it has been very reliable. It would be nice to have audio controls on the steering wheel, and would like to have better gas mileage. Overall the car is excellent.

2006 1.8 S Sentra
By Jessy on 04/24/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love mine I have not had the first problem out of it. It's great on gas I drive probably 30 mins one way to get to work, I only have to fill up once a week. I love the sound system in it and I think it looks sporty. I got the special edition model.

Very fun car, and practical
By Ryan on 04/20/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This has been a great car! It will do every thing from haul the kids to blast through the corners.

Look at as many reviews as possible
By Justin on 02/28/07 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As another so perfectly wrote, there is good reason why this car sells so cheap. Mine came off the lot, complete with warped front disks and lightbulbs falling from underneath the dash. How does a car come from the factory with warped rotors? More recently, I've waited a month and a half for a broken shock to be replaced, which has been just enough time for the rear defroster to stop working and the serpentine belt to start squealing (I hope that's all it is) Be wise, don't fall for all the extras and low price. It's truly not worth the poor components, build quality, and service from Nissan. Pay the extra several thousand for a toyota or honda, you won't regret it!

Not as good as I would expect
By Brian on 01/01/07 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car but I still expected more. The transmission seems to be slipping already when getting out of first. The trunk release works any time so what is the valet key for? MPG I get about 26-30 on the average. My M3 gets 22-26 so to me it is not that much better. Also the remote locks stop working from time to time. Have to go through the steering wheel to get to the trip computer. Should have bought a Civic which has a cheaper true cost to own if you sell it after 3 years.

Great performer
By John W. on 12/28/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Sentra; the other is a standard 2002. From experience I know the cars are reliable and strong. I decided to buy a SPEC-V because I wanted the performance and comfort. I could have gotten a Mazda 3 for less and the driving experience was similar; but the Sentra has tons more room and has good cargo room for a small car. Very likely my next car will also be a Nissan.

Good Value, Nice Features
By Steve on 12/27/06 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this is a great car. It was significantly cheaper than a Honda Civic and somewhat cheaper than the Toyota Corolla. I've had it a while and it doesn't disappoint. My wife has a new Corolla, and although it gets better gas mileage than my Sentra, I don't think it has as much going for it. The car runs great, gets good gas mileage, and has a lot of nice features for a car that cost less than $14k. Only problems are some squeaks in the dash. Took it to the dealer twice who "never heard the squeak". Dealer experience purchasing it was good; service dept less than acceptable.

Love MY Nissan
By Denise on 12/17/06 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Nissan. No complaints whatsoever.Love the performance and I must say, it's a very looking classy car.

Fun Little Car
By capman on 12/14/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, the sound system and 6-disc in dash cd player are awesome! The front bucket seats are comfortable. The SE version has the Firehawk tires that are very expensive to replace. The cup holders are poorly located.I kick off the cd player at least once a week when putting down my soda.I've had the car 7 months so far and I'm still enjoying it. Drove from Maine (where I live to NYC) and the trip went smoothly. Wondering how the car will drive in the snow?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.