Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Plain-Jane car, bad handling, overpriced
By Josh

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this in December 2006. Nothing special, no power windows or seats. No cruise, no ABS, no AC, wipers have 3 settings, too slow, too fast and 'use only in a monsoon fast'. Car is squirrley on the freeway, extremely noisy, but I've gotten almost 40MPG on roadtrips doing 70MPH. If you do not turn on the power and let it set and beep a few times before turning the engine it stalls or has a hard start. Runs great on regular oil. Interior is very cheap. cupholders are useless and cups can interfere with manual shift knob. Drivers door has always had a tiny and occasional leak.

Favorite Features

It's nice looking on the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

fix what is apparently a VERY common starting problem. A lot of people complain about the hard start and Nissan will replace, under warranty, the fuel pump, but that's apparently not a problem solver. Must turn the key to power and let it beep before starting to avoid hard start.

too light
By dakota

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

if the road is slick and a truck passes you,watch out, you will be in the ditch. the wind blows this car all over so I got rid of it after some close calls

Suggested Improvements

better stability

Good but not great
By shakalaka

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car in 2006 with only 300 miles on it, since then I have driven to hell and back. It now has 127369 miles on the engine, and the car still running strong. I already replaced the belts, spark plugs and the stock tires, but that would qualify as normal wear replacement. The one issue and biggest problem I have with this car is the fuel pump, at 80,000 miles it gave out and I found out many sentra customers have the same issue. Why will Nissan not do a recall on this unit, to me it seems like nissan does not care for its customers. They want this to come out of our own pocket even though it is a manufacturer problem, nothing the customer has done has caused this faulty fuel kit.

Favorite Features

good engine still a nissan!

Suggested Improvements

better transmission, better placement of cup holders, remember the motto "customer comes first", do a recall on the fuel pump assembly and redesign the whole fuel kit even when replaced its faulty once used, they are just putting on the car a new bad part.

Best gas mileage car ever!!
By sentraowner

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Nissan Sentra. The first 2 lasted 240k and 320k. This one is heading for 400k if the body will hold. With the 1.8L engine, manual 5 spd transmission, Amsoil 0w-30 full synthetic oil, full synthetic in both the manual transmission and the transaxle, this car averages 38-44mpg with cruise control on and at 65 mph. I use my Garmin Nuvi to sync my speedometer and find it is 3mph slow. Bad points: Slow acceleration Good points: Great in the snow, even in WNY winters. Very reliable. Only dealer service I have had is having the belts (timing, alternator, water pump) changed every 60k. Oil changes at 10-15K miles using Amsoil filters.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

Love it BUT rims stink
By armywife41709

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Now here is the think! I have had this car since it had 13 miles on it! Now 3 yrs old and 47,500 miles later. I have bent 4 rims on this things! I know I know its not a manufacture issue but this stinks! It cost $200 per rim to replace through a private person and $600 through a dealership! Other than that I love the car minus the front cup holders. Just like everyone else. You put your cup in and it hits the cd player. Now that I'm married and have a child the car is getting too small. I cant get more than 3 people in comfortable. I'm trying to sell my car and get something else but cant because I still owe way too much!

Favorite Features

the special edition is great. love the sound system

Suggested Improvements

cupholders!! BETTER QUALITY RIMS