2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Never again
By Jerry LeCount on 03/23/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The high price of fuel made it necessary to downsize to smaller vehicles. After owning 3 other Sentras I bought a pair of loaded 06s. The aluminum wheels and Firehawk tires are junk. I have replaced 3 rims and 4 tires because they are so poorly made the won't stand up to midwestern highways. This isn't just an expense but a danger. I am looking into the possibility of a product liability suit.

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88 on 08/23/07 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather on 08/09/07 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.

Should have gone for that Subaru
By Sara on 07/12/07 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After a bad run with several used cars, I decided to go for a nice, reliable new car. After seriously considering a Subaru Impreza and a Honda Civic, the Sentra 1.8S Special Ed. was so well equipped for the price that I couldn't pass it up. My father's '87 lasted 150k miles, so what was there to worry about? Well, here it is: in less than 24k miles I've gone through 1 front door seal, a rear wheel bearing, 2 belts, 1 fuel pump, and out of nowhere, the rear brake drums went off-round (lots of meat on the pads 1k miles ago). Otherwise, the car is what I would expect from a low-priced compact car: zippy enough, passable steering and a semi-comfortable ride.

2006 1.8 S Sentra
By Jessy on 04/24/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love mine I have not had the first problem out of it. It's great on gas I drive probably 30 mins one way to get to work, I only have to fill up once a week. I love the sound system in it and I think it looks sporty. I got the special edition model.

Look at as many reviews as possible
By Justin on 02/28/07 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As another so perfectly wrote, there is good reason why this car sells so cheap. Mine came off the lot, complete with warped front disks and lightbulbs falling from underneath the dash. How does a car come from the factory with warped rotors? More recently, I've waited a month and a half for a broken shock to be replaced, which has been just enough time for the rear defroster to stop working and the serpentine belt to start squealing (I hope that's all it is) Be wise, don't fall for all the extras and low price. It's truly not worth the poor components, build quality, and service from Nissan. Pay the extra several thousand for a toyota or honda, you won't regret it!

Not as good as I would expect
By Brian on 01/01/07 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car but I still expected more. The transmission seems to be slipping already when getting out of first. The trunk release works any time so what is the valet key for? MPG I get about 26-30 on the average. My M3 gets 22-26 so to me it is not that much better. Also the remote locks stop working from time to time. Have to go through the steering wheel to get to the trip computer. Should have bought a Civic which has a cheaper true cost to own if you sell it after 3 years.

Good Value, Nice Features
By Steve on 12/27/06 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this is a great car. It was significantly cheaper than a Honda Civic and somewhat cheaper than the Toyota Corolla. I've had it a while and it doesn't disappoint. My wife has a new Corolla, and although it gets better gas mileage than my Sentra, I don't think it has as much going for it. The car runs great, gets good gas mileage, and has a lot of nice features for a car that cost less than $14k. Only problems are some squeaks in the dash. Took it to the dealer twice who "never heard the squeak". Dealer experience purchasing it was good; service dept less than acceptable.

Love MY Nissan
By Denise on 12/17/06 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Nissan. No complaints whatsoever.Love the performance and I must say, it's a very looking classy car.

Fun Little Car
By capman on 12/14/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, the sound system and 6-disc in dash cd player are awesome! The front bucket seats are comfortable. The SE version has the Firehawk tires that are very expensive to replace. The cup holders are poorly located.I kick off the cd player at least once a week when putting down my soda.I've had the car 7 months so far and I'm still enjoying it. Drove from Maine (where I live to NYC) and the trip went smoothly. Wondering how the car will drive in the snow?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.