2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
For the price you can't complain
By SentraOwner2006 on 10/07/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Sentra for more then two years. The only thing that broke so far, was the CD player. It would not play CDs. Other then that I have no problems. I generally get 31 mpg and have no problems speeding up or braking. Back seat area is cramped if the car has passengers over 6 feet all. Seats are comfortable enough but the head rest could go an inch higher. The track area is great. Engine is noisy when going over 3.5 rpm. Overall I am very happy with the car and would purchase another Sentra.

Should have, could have
By C Burns on 09/29/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car considering the reputation the company has yet was and still am disappointed in the workmanship as well as the issues off the lot. I continually have a squeaking belt, my front rotors are warped which is like a bad idea of ABS brakes. The interior is noisy, the sound system seems to be getting worst. The car fails to smoothly shift between first and second gear and it is real easy to hit the shifter out of gear while going (automatic). And what is with my window always fogging up?

Hope you don't mind replacing rims
By lecount630 on 07/12/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In the last two years I have spent $1100 to replace tires and rims. I bought two of these vehicles to save on fuel. The alloy rims and Firehawk tires are unfit for the road. I have replaced three rims and tires due to damage from normal driving, and recently found out a fourth needs to be replaced. I have owned 5 Sentras. These will be my last.

5th Gear Whine
By Fred on 06/08/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really liked the Sentra when we test drove it. It was small (I am 6'2 and 250 lbs) but was comfortable enough for me to drive. There is no room in the back seat behind me when I am driving, but we are getting 38 mpg on the highway, and 33 - 34 combined and fuel efficiency was our goal. One thing that really disturbed me was the engine noise produced at 60 - 65 mph. There is a very audible whine that sounds a lot like electrical feedback. We had the transmission replaced, but the noise never went away. The dealership claimed that it was just part of the 5 speed Sentra. To their credit, I test drove another Sentra yesterday and it whined too. It may not bother you, but check

So many things to fix...
By meg on 05/29/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Sentra for about 3 years and put 40k on it. I've replaced brakes, belts and a fuel pump and need tires. Blind spots are really bad. At 5'6" my legs hit the steering wheel if I try to drive while wearing any heel higher than 1". Loud road noise, heavy idle, jerks on acceleration.

Strike 2 w/ 28,000 miles
By Brian on 05/28/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have this car for 2.5 yrs, w/ 28k mi, 5 weeks ago the the serpentine belt went and last week a pulley seized and the belt went again. I am giving the car another shot because it's still relatively new and nissan has a good rep, but these parts shouldn't be needing replacement 28k into the life of the car. I have had 2 civics one w/ 187k and 156k when they died, they didn't have problems like this. I would spend the extra cash and get a civic.

Never again
By Jerry LeCount on 03/23/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The high price of fuel made it necessary to downsize to smaller vehicles. After owning 3 other Sentras I bought a pair of loaded 06s. The aluminum wheels and Firehawk tires are junk. I have replaced 3 rims and 4 tires because they are so poorly made the won't stand up to midwestern highways. This isn't just an expense but a danger. I am looking into the possibility of a product liability suit.

Love the car
By kiran on 09/11/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first car. As a college student my main focus was safety and reliability. It is a very nice car with 9 speakers, great pickup speed, and very safe. Great price with a lot of wonderful features packed in it. Also gives good mileage.

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88 on 08/23/07 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather on 08/09/07 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.