2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (19 reviews )
Great performer
By John W. on 12/28/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Sentra; the other is a standard 2002. From experience I know the cars are reliable and strong. I decided to buy a SPEC-V because I wanted the performance and comfort. I could have gotten a Mazda 3 for less and the driving experience was similar; but the Sentra has tons more room and has good cargo room for a small car. Very likely my next car will also be a Nissan.

What a deal!
By Jenny V on 10/07/06 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I knew the 2007 Sentra was a complete redesign, and I always wanted a 2.5 Sentra. The dealer had a SpecV that listed for almost $20,000, but after all the incentives I saved thousands. This car ROCKS. Runs like a rabbit and still gets great gas mileage. Stereo sounds super. People call it outdated, but I still think the SpecV looks awesome. Mine is the Volcanic orange color. I recommend snapping up one of the '06 models before the '07 hits the lots. The dealers are selling a great little car for a song to make room.

Love the Sentra
By Pam on 09/06/06 10:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first car I have driven in years. Always was a SUV. I had my doubts going to a small car. I wanted the gas mileage. This car is extremly comfortable and easy to handle. I love it.We had to drive it to San Antonio from Ohio a few months after we got it. We were comfortable the entire trip. Did not feel cramped at all. The gas mileage is better than expected. On the highway I usually get about 37 mpg. In town about 31-33. I drive 200 miles to work a week, so this is awesome for me.

Six months since purchase of Spec V...
By Angelo on 08/14/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Spec V for 6 months. The only time I have had it in the garage was for Oil changes which I gladly perform myself. It is very reliable, I even learned to drive stick with this car and it does not seem to give. My only Mod is a NISMO Cold-Air Intake. It was definatly worth $230. The CAI does also improve gas mileage about 5-10%. The engine is so much louder after I put it on and pushed the gas to the floor. It certainly has more punch. I plan on getting at least exhaust headers and a Cat-back system.

Don't buy this one AT ALL COST!!
By Dan Philbeck on 07/29/06 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After getting this car, it started falling apart. The interior trim is terrible. I have broken 22 pieces off in it. Not by pulling or jerking on them. Knobs, switches, etc. you name it. I have been at the dealer 10 times on this piece of junk. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Best fun for the price
By Mark in Alabama on 05/28/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have only driven the car a couple days and about 250 miles, still not broken in yet. Handles great for a front driver, Brembo brake option recomended, they work excellent. Was looking for a good car under 18K and this was the only one near that price. Civic is way too overpriced for me and no other car was even close to the Spec V in that price range. It wasn't too hard to find but had to get my blue one from Birmingham (100 miles away) after another dealer sold the black one I wanted from under my dealer. No noises, nice tight solid car, no complaints as far as quality of the car for the price. Test drive one and you will know how nice they are. Buy one.

Great Performance for the Price
By Fadet0blak on 03/01/06 09:53 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After all the rebates and discounts the cost of my Spec V was around $16,500. I was very suprised that it was that low. My mom who bought it for me as a college graduation gift actually paid for my insurance this year cause it was well under her limit. If you don't like to take turns fast you will once you've had this car after a week. The suspension is so great. I fly by people on highways when the roads are twisting and turning. This is my first car that is mine. Its also my first car that I've driven more than once that is Manual. The clutch can be very tricky sometimes. I know it just takes practice. I have only had it for about 2 weeks and I'm getting much better at it.

Not what I expected
By yoan on 09/12/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't spend the money on audio upgrade it's not worth it, the speakers sound scratchy and the bass output comes more from the front speakers than the rear subwoofer. The pilasters by the windows rattled when I bought the car. I took it to the dealership had it fixed but left passenger window still rattles a bit. The instrument cluster doesn't seem very high quality. the back seats don't have a lot of room and although the car looks big its about the same size as a mazda protege on the inside. It has limited trunk space. the car does handle real well specially when cornering, sharp turns can be tricky when accelarating because of torque steer.bottom line well powered for the price

I Love This Car
By LGrif57266 on 09/07/05 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

From what i can tell you as far as owning this car, it is great all around. If you're in the Import Tuning scene, then this is a definite alternative to the Honda Civic SI. This car flies like it's no tomorrow and it will throw your head back into the headrest. Nismo has all kinds of parts for it as well as other aftermarket companies so you'll be killing most 4- bangers on the road. the engine sound is wonderful especially at the top end of the RM range band. It also handles like a dream. In short, if you buy this car, you deffinitely won't be disappointed

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.