2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
An awesome little car
By hurryup on 07/25/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Some of these reviews amaze me. My husband purchased ours new in '06 and it is now 5 years old & has 140,000mi plus on it & runs and drives great. The gas mileage is awesome too. My husband changes our own oil (using synthetic oil & always changes the air filter) The sticker said the car would get 31mpg highway but our average is usually 31.9 and we do tons of driving in town. The last trip we went on I drove 120miles half of it was stop & go the other half was highway and my average for the trip was 38.8mpg (thats fabulous) We could get that kind of gas mileage all the time if we tried (and no we don't shut off the a/c)

Average
By travisaustin08 on 07/14/11 23:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought at 54,000 miles. It's now July 2011. Currently at 96,100 miles. Fuel pump is the biggest problem. Delay in starting about 33% of all starts. Already have had to replace it once. As of yet, that's been the biggest repair (that, and the rotors). Handling is nimble, but not hugely solid. The driving experience isn't hugely amazing. I've had the nagging feeling ever since purchasing it that I could have gotten something better. It's a basic car. Don't expect anything special. The jury's still out on how reliable this car will be and I'm strongly debating trading it in for something brand new. It'll definitely worth it if it lasts beyond at least 175,000. I expect around 150,000.

Nissan Sentra 2006
By destiny9099 on 01/23/11 13:26 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Sentra 1.8 about a year ago, bought at 58k miles and now at 70k, starting to notice hard start up and a drop in gas mileage. On ave I was getting 30mi to a gallon and now about 25-28mi to a gallon. Now going on the hunt to figure out if the fuel pump that everyone seems to be having issue with is the problem or something else. Going to start cheap and work my way to pump. Mechanic friend thinking it could be fuel filter or air/fuel sensor. So going to check those first then do pump. Hope this will be the end to my problems for awhile. The only other problem is with my six cd changer likes to skip and not play cd's even ones that are new. but that is least my worries.

My Nissan Sentra
By Shawn on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Sentra in 2005 brand new and I have 113,000 miles on it. It has never started up for me on the first try, have to try over and over. Already had the fuel pump replace 2 years after purchase. I've had to have the rear shocks and springs replaced after 2 months of purchase. I've been really good on keeping up with the maintenance on this car. The gas mileage range isn't that great except on really long trips with the A/C off! Sound system is great! The cup holders are in the worst possible spot! I do not like the way my Sentra rides, I can feel every bit of the road. There is no leg room for anyone in the back without the driver and the passengers knees to be in the dashboard.

It worked but
By Not again on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car used in 08 w/ 66k miles on it. Within 1st month, fuel injector pump needed to be replaced. Within 1st yr, 2 motor mounts needed to be replaced 3 times each to no fault of my own, leaving my mechanic puzzled. My mechanic says this car has lots of electrical problems. I bought this car because a friend had one that I loved but ended up being a better car for passenger. It didn't drive very well & the transmission didn't like to shift smoothly. Auto open trunk also stopped working for no apparent reason. I would have kept driving it if it wasn't totaled in an accident (to no fault of the Sentra, poor thing couldn't compete with an SUV!) The seat belts and airbags work great!

Doesn't start from first try
By valentina miller on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2006 Nissan special edition; have trouble with starting, especially in hot weather; does not start from first try. Should be recalled.

Fix the fuel pump!
By jason on 06/30/10 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's a small car but you get great MPG. The sound system is very nice and the aux jack is great for a MP3 player or to plug in a GPS. I have 66,000 on my 2006 Sentra Special Edition. The only problem that I have with it is the fuel pump issue. It never starts up on the first try. There should be a recall on this problem. This is my first Nissan and may be my last.

Fun when it works, never again though
By SeanJ on 06/29/10 05:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car had 11,900 miles when I purchased it and was like new. It was great when it was working but I have had a multitude of problems and issues. It won't crank easily after the engine has been warmed up, it turns over and over forever before starting. Dealer fixed it once but it's doing it again and now it's not under warranty. The crankshaft sensor has gone bad and is a listed recall but Nissan says my VIN wasn't affected, obviously. Now the car wants to turn off while driving. It consumes oil like crazy, have to add oil in between changes. Fun to drive when it's working but not worth the headache. Nissan doesn't honor anything, steer clear.

I'm sooooo mad!
By Jennifer Lin on 06/25/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

How is it that I need a new engine? It's 4 years old, I bought it brand new and it only has 75,000 miles. I am anal about taking my car in for service and have never missed one. I had an 85 Sentra in high school and that's the reason I bought a Sentra again. They obviously don't build them like they used to. I will never buy a Nissan again. Nissan, you're dead to me now.

Recommend
By freddy on 06/02/10 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

4 years 50,000 miles later fast, fun, easy to drive. front seats are spacious and comfortable. very smooth ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.