Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.

MPG, interior, acceleration.

Move power outlet so it's not behind cup holder.

Should have gone for that Subaru
By Sara

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After a bad run with several used cars, I decided to go for a nice, reliable new car. After seriously considering a Subaru Impreza and a Honda Civic, the Sentra 1.8S Special Ed. was so well equipped for the price that I couldn't pass it up. My father's '87 lasted 150k miles, so what was there to worry about? Well, here it is: in less than 24k miles I've gone through 1 front door seal, a rear wheel bearing, 2 belts, 1 fuel pump, and out of nowhere, the rear brake drums went off-round (lots of meat on the pads 1k miles ago). Otherwise, the car is what I would expect from a low-priced compact car: zippy enough, passable steering and a semi-comfortable ride.

Exterior design, engine ok for size of car, handling responsive, gas mileage is reasonable, and, even with a bad back, the driver's seat is comfortable for rides less than 2 hours.

Besides reliability, disappointed by "premium" audio system (sadly anemic radio, terrible paper cone speakers); interior design needs help (terrible cup holders, dated design), transmission felt like it was slipping off the lot, does not shift efficiently.

2006 1.8 S Sentra
By Jessy

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love mine I have not had the first problem out of it. It's great on gas I drive probably 30 mins one way to get to work, I only have to fill up once a week. I love the sound system in it and I think it looks sporty. I got the special edition model.

The sound system, the really pretty blue color, and the seats are really comfortable

More leg room, AC in the back seats, DVD player

Look at as many reviews as possible
By Justin

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As another so perfectly wrote, there is good reason why this car sells so cheap. Mine came off the lot, complete with warped front disks and lightbulbs falling from underneath the dash. How does a car come from the factory with warped rotors? More recently, I've waited a month and a half for a broken shock to be replaced, which has been just enough time for the rear defroster to stop working and the serpentine belt to start squealing (I hope that's all it is) Be wise, don't fall for all the extras and low price. It's truly not worth the poor components, build quality, and service from Nissan. Pay the extra several thousand for a toyota or honda, you won't regret it!

gas mileage

07 Sentra or Versa? Are they any better? I won't ever know because this is my first and last Nissan.

Not as good as I would expect
By Brian

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car but I still expected more. The transmission seems to be slipping already when getting out of first. The trunk release works any time so what is the valet key for? MPG I get about 26-30 on the average. My M3 gets 22-26 so to me it is not that much better. Also the remote locks stop working from time to time. Have to go through the steering wheel to get to the trip computer. Should have bought a Civic which has a cheaper true cost to own if you sell it after 3 years.

Cheap upfront cost.

Cup holders that work, rear defrost that stays on longer, better rear legroom, a lockable trunk release or just delete the useless valet key, better MPG.