2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
New car review
By Nissan Guy in Dallas on 12/18/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Called my leasing company and said get me the cheapest four door sedan (compact) you could find me. Drove up with this little baby. Got it for $15,300 with extras.... spoiler, leather wrapped steering wheel, FosGate Stereo, even a spoiler and 16 " wheels. Drove it home in a sleet storm. All my co workers watched me sign the papers and clapped. Drove it to Austin yesterday and got 26 mpg. Cost me all of $23 round trip. My old buick would have cost me $80. And boy oh boy will it take a turn, and when I'm in a hurry to an appointment, it just rocks. Really lays down and goes.

Nothing but Nissan for Me
By Roxanne on 12/16/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 1993 Nissan Sentra E was traded in on a new Sentra 1.8 Special Edition. I couldn't own anything else at this point. My first one was so reliable it felt like a family member! The new one has the wickedest audio package (Rockford Fosgate) and with power everything, I feel totally spoiled. It's a pleasure to drive, is comfortable on my back and the automatic transmission is very smooth. The only thing I would want on top of all it has, is a digital compass readout on the rearview mirror. These cars wear like iron and never let you down. I love it and expect to have it for the next 13 years like the other one. Best buy for the money, buy Sentra.

Great small car
By Jake on 10/20/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought the 2006 Special Edition model for my daughter who is 19. I drove it home and that was the last I've seen of it. The car is great to drive, the gas mileage is awesome and the SE package makes a big difference in looks. We compared it to several other cars and while a few others were just as good, no others could not even get close to the price.

Fun ride; Good value
By van29 on 10/02/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at all the small performance cars under $20k and thought this the best deal. It is fast and nimble. The boring styling was actually a plus point for me. Buy it with the "racier" colors though.

Great car
By George J on 09/27/05 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well since this is the second Nissan Sentra I have owned. I was not surprised by the car. The thing about the 2006 model is how quiet it is compared to the 1994 model. The doors and the whole car feels a lot stronger. The only thing I can see is they need to move the center console back 2" so the cup holders can hold a big cup without hitting the radio. With Edmunds I was able to get the best deal. Dealer was only going down to $15,500 but after telling them about Edmunds and the price I should be getting I got down to $14,790 with all the options. So now I have a 2006 Sentra Special Edition.

Favorite car ever owned
By John Utley on 09/21/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

No mechanical problems, only disappointed with body style change. Enjoy looks of 2002-2003 a little more. Great clutch, air conditioner works great. Silver car traps heat pretty bad though. Use windshield cover it helps alot!

Not what I expected
By yoan on 09/12/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't spend the money on audio upgrade it's not worth it, the speakers sound scratchy and the bass output comes more from the front speakers than the rear subwoofer. The pilasters by the windows rattled when I bought the car. I took it to the dealership had it fixed but left passenger window still rattles a bit. The instrument cluster doesn't seem very high quality. the back seats don't have a lot of room and although the car looks big its about the same size as a mazda protege on the inside. It has limited trunk space. the car does handle real well specially when cornering, sharp turns can be tricky when accelarating because of torque steer.bottom line well powered for the price

Good car to own
By Matrix on 09/11/05 20:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It is a fun car to drive! it's stylish with the spoiler, comfortable compare to honda civic, and relativly cheaper considering it comes with cd and ac for under $15000, roomy for a subcompact car, it is a nice car to own for daily commute with a great gas mileage.

I Love This Car
By LGrif57266 on 09/07/05 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

From what i can tell you as far as owning this car, it is great all around. If you're in the Import Tuning scene, then this is a definite alternative to the Honda Civic SI. This car flies like it's no tomorrow and it will throw your head back into the headrest. Nismo has all kinds of parts for it as well as other aftermarket companies so you'll be killing most 4- bangers on the road. the engine sound is wonderful especially at the top end of the RM range band. It also handles like a dream. In short, if you buy this car, you deffinitely won't be disappointed

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.