Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Strike 2 w/ 28,000 miles
By Brian

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have this car for 2.5 yrs, w/ 28k mi, 5 weeks ago the the serpentine belt went and last week a pulley seized and the belt went again. I am giving the car another shot because it's still relatively new and nissan has a good rep, but these parts shouldn't be needing replacement 28k into the life of the car. I have had 2 civics one w/ 187k and 156k when they died, they didn't have problems like this. I would spend the extra cash and get a civic.

Favorite Features

Stereo on special edition, gas mileage since gas in NJ is about $3.80/gal

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in terrible spot, more leg room, I'm 6'3".

Never again
By Jerry LeCount

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The high price of fuel made it necessary to downsize to smaller vehicles. After owning 3 other Sentras I bought a pair of loaded 06s. The aluminum wheels and Firehawk tires are junk. I have replaced 3 rims and 4 tires because they are so poorly made the won't stand up to midwestern highways. This isn't just an expense but a danger. I am looking into the possibility of a product liability suit.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Forget the low profile tires and put a decent rims on the vehicle.

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, looks way nicer than the 1.8 versions (esp. in black), way fast for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I'd noticed the one I bought didn't have anti-lock brakes. Also, the interior is unrefined, a problem which is completely solved in the newer '07 SE-Rs.

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.

Favorite Features

MPG, interior, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Move power outlet so it's not behind cup holder.

Should have gone for that Subaru
By Sara

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After a bad run with several used cars, I decided to go for a nice, reliable new car. After seriously considering a Subaru Impreza and a Honda Civic, the Sentra 1.8S Special Ed. was so well equipped for the price that I couldn't pass it up. My father's '87 lasted 150k miles, so what was there to worry about? Well, here it is: in less than 24k miles I've gone through 1 front door seal, a rear wheel bearing, 2 belts, 1 fuel pump, and out of nowhere, the rear brake drums went off-round (lots of meat on the pads 1k miles ago). Otherwise, the car is what I would expect from a low-priced compact car: zippy enough, passable steering and a semi-comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, engine ok for size of car, handling responsive, gas mileage is reasonable, and, even with a bad back, the driver's seat is comfortable for rides less than 2 hours.

Suggested Improvements

Besides reliability, disappointed by "premium" audio system (sadly anemic radio, terrible paper cone speakers); interior design needs help (terrible cup holders, dated design), transmission felt like it was slipping off the lot, does not shift efficiently.