2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great Performance for the Price
By Fadet0blak on 03/01/06 09:53 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After all the rebates and discounts the cost of my Spec V was around $16,500. I was very suprised that it was that low. My mom who bought it for me as a college graduation gift actually paid for my insurance this year cause it was well under her limit. If you don't like to take turns fast you will once you've had this car after a week. The suspension is so great. I fly by people on highways when the roads are twisting and turning. This is my first car that is mine. Its also my first car that I've driven more than once that is Manual. The clutch can be very tricky sometimes. I know it just takes practice. I have only had it for about 2 weeks and I'm getting much better at it.

Very Nice Car
By DK express on 02/12/06 14:38 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with this vehicle. I traded in my 2003 Mustang. This car gets great gas mileage and is sporty. You get alot of car for under 15,000 dollars. Its a great commuter car! Plus I get free car washes and oil changes for the life of the car! I looked at other cars in the same price range but nothing came close to the Nissan Sentra. In price and in reputation.

A great car, for a great price
By tthota on 02/07/06 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

33+ mpg for 60% highway 40% local driving. 129@2400 torque delivers good acceleration, similar to VW Golf (122@2600), better than all other JPN, KRN and USA compact cars (about 120- 140@4000+). So, I don't have to floor the gas pedal and listen to the engine hauling at 4000 RPM all the time, as it is in a Civic. The Rockford audio system is super, worth $900, but included in the $433 special edition package, together with fog lights, spoiler, leather steering wheel, sporty grill and seats. The rear seats need more leg room, but most people use a Sentra as a 4-door coupe, with rear cup holders. As other compact cars, you can feel the wind, but very smooth ride in a nice day.

Sentra = Solid
By Razalon on 01/31/06 10:56 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My first ever car was an 83 Nissan Sentra wagon. It was passed down from my sister, to my brother who then passed it down to me after he totalled it, and it needed a clutch. Well after putting my own money into this car I drove it everywhere. It was nice going two weeks on a tank of gas that would only take 9 gallons on empty. Just got my 2006 because the deals were so good on them. I was going to wait on the Versa to come out, but I know that the Sentras are a for sure thing. I got mine loaded with the special addition and more options. Fog lights, SER grill 16" rims, 300W stereo etc... I got it for $13,500. For all I got with this car, and the Sentra reputation, It was not a hard decision.

Special Edition Nissan Sentra
By jack mcgrail on 01/28/06 10:01 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a neat small car, with lots of extras for little extra money, e.g. Rockford Fosgate 9 speaker stereo, upgraded interior, fog lights, etc. It handles crisply with the new tires and wheels, and has decent acceleration. So far fuel econony has been great. My son has a Dakota Magnum and a Harley, yet still loves to drive the Sentra. Dealer support has also been excellent.

Sporty Economy
By heather on 01/26/06 13:45 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well I am a young student just finishing up with college and beginning my career...spending a lot of money on a car just wasn't an option. So for quality that will last a few years I decided to go with a Japanese made car...and since I already drove a Nissan, I chose to stay loyal to a car that's done me so well over the years. I purchased a 2006 Nissan Sentra (this time an automatic) and so far I am in love! The ride is smooth and very quiet! The seats are firm yet not unyielding...should do great for long rides. I love the sporty look the spoiler and rims give. Basically I love that the car doesn't scream "Ecomony Price Range." I can't say enough about the Sapphire Blue...

good value
By defabian on 01/13/06 23:03 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good value car. Yes, I would have preferred the handling of a Honda Civic, but with the Sentra, I got a reliable car, reasonable performance, and many, many toys (remote keyless entry, alloy wheels, 300W 7-speaker sound system, spoiler, etc.) for $5,000 less than the best price I could get on a base model Civic. The compromise - an older design due for an upgrade and average performance, including handling and fuel economy. Overall, I feel very good about my selection.

Great 2006 Sentra
By MGD on 12/21/05 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my purchase. I have only had it for 1 month, but it's a great car, fun to drive. stylish yet economical and after dreading a new car purchase for a long while, I am happy with all aspects of my purchase.

New car review
By Nissan Guy in Dallas on 12/18/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Called my leasing company and said get me the cheapest four door sedan (compact) you could find me. Drove up with this little baby. Got it for $15,300 with extras.... spoiler, leather wrapped steering wheel, FosGate Stereo, even a spoiler and 16 " wheels. Drove it home in a sleet storm. All my co workers watched me sign the papers and clapped. Drove it to Austin yesterday and got 26 mpg. Cost me all of $23 round trip. My old buick would have cost me $80. And boy oh boy will it take a turn, and when I'm in a hurry to an appointment, it just rocks. Really lays down and goes.

Nothing but Nissan for Me
By Roxanne on 12/16/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 1993 Nissan Sentra E was traded in on a new Sentra 1.8 Special Edition. I couldn't own anything else at this point. My first one was so reliable it felt like a family member! The new one has the wickedest audio package (Rockford Fosgate) and with power everything, I feel totally spoiled. It's a pleasure to drive, is comfortable on my back and the automatic transmission is very smooth. The only thing I would want on top of all it has, is a digital compass readout on the rearview mirror. These cars wear like iron and never let you down. I love it and expect to have it for the next 13 years like the other one. Best buy for the money, buy Sentra.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.