Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Still going
By TLS

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Lets just say this is a damn good car if its still running after a year of my husband behind the wheel he has a record of tearing cars up in less than 6 months and trust me this little car has been threw hell but I still feel confident getting behind the wheel it take me where I need to go comfortably and shes running like a top to this day.

I feel safe driving and putting my children in the car.

Cup holders should be moved in a horrible place right in front of the 6 disc.

Point A to Point B with some extras
By David

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Parents bought me this car (first one). Had it for 2 years this month. Average 29mpg 23 city / 39 highway. I usually only do 65-70mph on high way, was shocked at the mileage. I like that it has an aux. jack, which btw the 2006 infiniti doesn't even have (only included in the 2008 model). Windshield wipers leave massive streaks, but I think I needed to get that replaced. I can't ever seem to find a comfortable head rest position on long trips. Engine sometimes misfires on start up, I just have to wait a second and try again, not that big of deal. Hate the cup holders, fine for cups, but bottles fall right out on corners, also hits cd buttons because of position. 20 yo/boy/5'8''

aux audio jack, price ($12k before taxes in 2007). great high way mpg. stereo system is pretty good, not noisy for the neighbors.

cup holders!! head rests. Would suggest better tires since mine slips like crazy in the snow, dad replaced them with eagle gt's but I'm getting a 09 altima this week so I won't know how they handle.

Too many defects
By blair

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my 2nd Sentra and our family's 6th Nissan since 1988. I also purchased the same model/year for my daughter, which was clearly a mistake. This will be my last Nissan as both the quality and reliability have decreased tremendously! My daughter and I both have problems with the fuel pumps needing replaced multiple times because of a defect. We are getting ready to take our vehicles back to the dealership for the 3rd time for fuel pump issues. Belts had to be replaced at 20k miles, because as dealership said, "they're inferior". Back window jammed due to defective part in door (back window was hardly used). These aren't quality cars anymore.

Decent gas mileage.

Terrible cupholders!

great for the $
By Aaron

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for gas mileage, but was also impressed with performance from the little 1.8. Very reliable, only problem so far is the heater control lite. car is pretty comfortable for the size, the back seat is tight, but who cares I sit in the front.

Economy, handling, cheap to own, and the older style body (the car looks like a car, not a wedge of cheese or something).

My biggest complaint is the rather low 5th gear, (RPM whine on the highway). I think is to avoid having to down shift on highway, but it hurts high-speed fuel economy (MPG drastically drops as you drive above 70-80ish.)

No Problems
By Speed Bump

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Spec V with 400 miles. Now at 15,300 running premium gas as recommended and synthetic fuel. I average 25.8 mpg. Incredible little car that's extremely pleased me after owning a twin turbo Volvo and an 88 Supra n/a.

Peppy motor handling.

Ugly 17 inch wheels i'd prefer the 02-05 models, what's with down grading ?

• SUV