Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
fun
By teendriver on 06/24/06 23:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i rented this car while mine was being fixed and it was REALLY fun to drive. the engine sounds great and handles pretty good. it's ok on gas and accelerates really well. the interior looked cheap but was simple and served its purpose. it was a little small inside and i would pity a heavy person if they tried to drive it. the a/c was ice cold and the radio was decent. about three days into driving it the brake was making a squeaky noise but that was probley my fault.

My 2 Nissan Sentra
By Frank on 06/24/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own 2 the only thing I do not like is the rockford fosgate system. Speaker went bad on back order (Rear speaker) CD player had to be replaced on my 05 sentra. Speaker was in the 06 sentra. Very fuel efficent car. I get upward of 40 miles per gallon if I keep car under 65 MPH. Car is great and very quiet on road trips suspension just a little stiff but nice car to drive on long trips. I do not like the stereo only problem I have with the cars every thing else is great.

best deal for the money
By happy owner on 06/22/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have 16547 miles on this car and it's never been in the shop. Front tires are beginning to wear(have not had them rotated). Uncomfortable after a couple of hours of steady driving (legroom). Fantastic gas milage always 38-42 on the highway when speed is kept at 50-55 miles an hour, lowers to 33-35 at 65+ miles per hour. Great value, lots of extras included in price (power everything and remote locks). Nice exterior design, lots of compliments (spoiler and low profile 16" alloy wheels).

My 3rd Sentra!
By Shelly H on 06/21/06 01:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a few months ago, of which had replaced my 1993 Sentra that floated away from flood waters cause by Hurricane Katrina. Compared to my other two Sentras (a 1989, also) this years model is more stylish then the older models I've had. The car is fun to drive, as it has always been. And is a perfect car for the 'new driver,' because it is just as easy to drive/park as it is fun. Gas milage is still great (right now I'm averaging around 27 miles to a gallon), but I find that this year model drinks a bit more gas then the others I've owned. Also, the ride is a bit looser and the car does tend to sway during hard turns. The seats are finaly more comfortable, but still no leg room.

Decent for the money
By tron20 on 06/05/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Maybe it's the way I drive, but I'm getting way better gas mileage than what the sticker says. It says 28C/34H. The computer inside says I'm getting on average 38.1 MPG. NIIICE! Likewise, the similar 1.8L AT 2006 Corolla was rated at 32H/38H and I was averaging 38 MPG. What gives for the EPA Ratings??I regularly get 450 miles to a tank of gas. The car's engine has good pickup if I choose to slam on the gas. Sound system is great on the Special edition package.

Best fun for the price
By Mark in Alabama on 05/28/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have only driven the car a couple days and about 250 miles, still not broken in yet. Handles great for a front driver, Brembo brake option recomended, they work excellent. Was looking for a good car under 18K and this was the only one near that price. Civic is way too overpriced for me and no other car was even close to the Spec V in that price range. It wasn't too hard to find but had to get my blue one from Birmingham (100 miles away) after another dealer sold the black one I wanted from under my dealer. No noises, nice tight solid car, no complaints as far as quality of the car for the price. Test drive one and you will know how nice they are. Buy one.

My Sentra
By Joshie on 05/01/06 22:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good car and pretty good with gas. I've been getting about 26 mpg. I got an automatic and it drives really well, I'm more of a stick driver - but this automatic is nice. I love the sound system and moonroof. And the trunk release comes in handy.

Awesome Gas Mileage
By ToddinAZ on 04/27/06 16:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have three words that describe my car "I love it." I purchased the 5- speed and it has pleanty of zip around town, the color is awesome (Blue) and I have the added spoiler on mine with the tinted windows. It amazes me how many people have complimented me on my new "cheap" car purchase and thier willingness to share their stories of driving their Sentra's 100K +. I commute a 100 miles everyday so I am really appreciating the incredible gas mileage. I am averaging close to 35 mpg in mixed driving! Took it on a trip to Palm Springs and averaged just under 40 mpg! I find the car to be a great place to spend time, and find the cruise control to be right on.

The Best
By schnauzerlover on 04/22/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought a new Nissan Sentra 1.8S with the special edition package. I love this car. It has a really perky engine. The sound system is great...it has the 7 in dish CD player and the extra speakers. It is really sharp with the spoiler. For the price...you can't beat it. I plan on having this car for a long time. So many people have stoped me to tell how great and sporty it looks.

Inexpensive but built cheaply...
By Mark Davis on 04/20/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S Special Edition Pkg. I bought this car for $13,500 and there are obvious reasons why this car is priced under its competition. Although there are many features, build quality is suspect, the 1.8L engine is anemic and the suspension archaic. The seats are poorly designed and very uncomfortable if driving in excess of one-hour. The car does acheive respectable mileage and has a Rockford Fosgate 6 CD changer w/ 9 speakers. Power windows, power mirrors and an alarm system are included. This is an ideal car for a college student or someone on an extremely limited income. I would recommend driving a Honda Civic, Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla before deciding.