Used 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Car shuts off in traffic!
By km warner

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nissan does NOT care about customer safety. My sentra had 154,000 miles on it. It was well maintained..engine was sound, except for the fact that it shut off for no reason while driving on the highway. There were many recalls on this issue and according to Nissan my car "was not included in the recall". I had 4 mechanics try and diagnose the problem to no avail. The dealership was even at a loss as to what the issue was. 4 months after I spent over 1,000.00 in tires, belts,spark plugs, multiple diagnostic tests I narrowly missed being run over by a truck when my car shut off on the highway, Took it to the dealership AGAIN and AGAIN no one knew what the problem was..I traded it in for a new car..sad part was I was 1.000.00 in the hole and owed 2200.00 on it...I was given 300.00 for my "trade-In"...stay far away from this car. Nissan should recall all VIN # it is a death trap.

The Handles on this car
By Marcos

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have some fun using the cars handles around some curves.

I'm sooooo mad!
By Jennifer Lin

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

How is it that I need a new engine? It's 4 years old, I bought it brand new and it only has 75,000 miles. I am anal about taking my car in for service and have never missed one. I had an 85 Sentra in high school and that's the reason I bought a Sentra again. They obviously don't build them like they used to. I will never buy a Nissan again. Nissan, you're dead to me now.

Nothing matter, the engine is bad.

Make it so the engine lasts more than four freaking years.

Disappointed
By kim

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I totally agree with Carolina (first page.) I had a Sentra in the 80's never changed the oil, did any maintenance or anything. Ran like crazy. Now, I totally maintain my 2006 that I bought new and it has had belt replacement, thermostat replacement, heat plate adjustment, and now until it warms up it sound like it's going to fall apart under the hood. Also, the cup holder is too close to the stereo controls. It switches from radio to CD when you bump it. The gas mileage isn't the greatest either. I won't buy another Nissan.

stereo, leather steering wheel, sturdy interior, blue color.

See above

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Fun to drive, looks way nicer than the 1.8 versions (esp. in black), way fast for the price.

Wish I'd noticed the one I bought didn't have anti-lock brakes. Also, the interior is unrefined, a problem which is completely solved in the newer '07 SE-Rs.