2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
I'm sooooo mad!
By Jennifer Lin on 06/25/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

How is it that I need a new engine? It's 4 years old, I bought it brand new and it only has 75,000 miles. I am anal about taking my car in for service and have never missed one. I had an 85 Sentra in high school and that's the reason I bought a Sentra again. They obviously don't build them like they used to. I will never buy a Nissan again. Nissan, you're dead to me now.

Disappointed
By kim on 03/23/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I totally agree with Carolina (first page.) I had a Sentra in the 80's never changed the oil, did any maintenance or anything. Ran like crazy. Now, I totally maintain my 2006 that I bought new and it has had belt replacement, thermostat replacement, heat plate adjustment, and now until it warms up it sound like it's going to fall apart under the hood. Also, the cup holder is too close to the stereo controls. It switches from radio to CD when you bump it. The gas mileage isn't the greatest either. I won't buy another Nissan.

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88 on 08/23/07 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Fun Little Car
By capman on 12/14/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, the sound system and 6-disc in dash cd player are awesome! The front bucket seats are comfortable. The SE version has the Firehawk tires that are very expensive to replace. The cup holders are poorly located.I kick off the cd player at least once a week when putting down my soda.I've had the car 7 months so far and I'm still enjoying it. Drove from Maine (where I live to NYC) and the trip went smoothly. Wondering how the car will drive in the snow?

Excellent Car
By purpleleather on 12/13/06 03:44 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If any 4 banger I ever owned this is one car that will scare the hell out of the V6 and 8's a run for its money. Just touch the gas and its gone! Code red is the color of my car and there couldn't been a better name for that red and the character of this car. I will have this car for a long time and hope it an experience I will never lose gaining. Nissan dealer is been great and helpful.

Fun ride; Good value
By van29 on 10/02/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at all the small performance cars under $20k and thought this the best deal. It is fast and nimble. The boring styling was actually a plus point for me. Buy it with the "racier" colors though.

Favorite car ever owned
By John Utley on 09/21/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

No mechanical problems, only disappointed with body style change. Enjoy looks of 2002-2003 a little more. Great clutch, air conditioner works great. Silver car traps heat pretty bad though. Use windshield cover it helps alot!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.