Used 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I'm sooooo mad!
By Jennifer Lin

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

How is it that I need a new engine? It's 4 years old, I bought it brand new and it only has 75,000 miles. I am anal about taking my car in for service and have never missed one. I had an 85 Sentra in high school and that's the reason I bought a Sentra again. They obviously don't build them like they used to. I will never buy a Nissan again. Nissan, you're dead to me now.

Favorite Features

Nothing matter, the engine is bad.

Suggested Improvements

Make it so the engine lasts more than four freaking years.

Disappointed
By kim

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I totally agree with Carolina (first page.) I had a Sentra in the 80's never changed the oil, did any maintenance or anything. Ran like crazy. Now, I totally maintain my 2006 that I bought new and it has had belt replacement, thermostat replacement, heat plate adjustment, and now until it warms up it sound like it's going to fall apart under the hood. Also, the cup holder is too close to the stereo controls. It switches from radio to CD when you bump it. The gas mileage isn't the greatest either. I won't buy another Nissan.

Favorite Features

stereo, leather steering wheel, sturdy interior, blue color.

Suggested Improvements

See above

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, looks way nicer than the 1.8 versions (esp. in black), way fast for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I'd noticed the one I bought didn't have anti-lock brakes. Also, the interior is unrefined, a problem which is completely solved in the newer '07 SE-Rs.

Fun Little Car
By capman

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, the sound system and 6-disc in dash cd player are awesome! The front bucket seats are comfortable. The SE version has the Firehawk tires that are very expensive to replace. The cup holders are poorly located.I kick off the cd player at least once a week when putting down my soda.I've had the car 7 months so far and I'm still enjoying it. Drove from Maine (where I live to NYC) and the trip went smoothly. Wondering how the car will drive in the snow?

Favorite Features

Stereo system and cruise control and inside trunk release

Suggested Improvements

Control to adjust the mirror. cup holders need to be moved.Tires on the SE model are too rare and expensive to replace

Excellent Car
By purpleleather

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If any 4 banger I ever owned this is one car that will scare the hell out of the V6 and 8's a run for its money. Just touch the gas and its gone! Code red is the color of my car and there couldn't been a better name for that red and the character of this car. I will have this car for a long time and hope it an experience I will never lose gaining. Nissan dealer is been great and helpful.

Favorite Features

gas pedal! it goes and no prisoner

Suggested Improvements

hmm, i would have loved a leather seating option