2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
piece of crap
By foxyirish on 06/02/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Gas cap broken, it will not shut tight and will not open with pull switch inside the car. Trunk will not open by pull tab inside car or remote button. Will only open by key. Rear bumper loose and hanging on passenger side. Wheel bearings were replaced on driver rear within 6 months of purchase. Rear passenger side now need replaced. Difficult to start at times. I will NOT buy another Nissan Sentra. No freaking way.

Best gas mileage car ever!!
By sentraowner on 11/25/09 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Nissan Sentra. The first 2 lasted 240k and 320k. This one is heading for 400k if the body will hold. With the 1.8L engine, manual 5 spd transmission, Amsoil 0w-30 full synthetic oil, full synthetic in both the manual transmission and the transaxle, this car averages 38-44mpg with cruise control on and at 65 mph. I use my Garmin Nuvi to sync my speedometer and find it is 3mph slow. Bad points: Slow acceleration Good points: Great in the snow, even in WNY winters. Very reliable. Only dealer service I have had is having the belts (timing, alternator, water pump) changed every 60k. Oil changes at 10-15K miles using Amsoil filters.

What to expect
By Carolina on 09/13/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprisingly disappointed with my choice. Special Edition, sounded great, looked good, systems is nice, but have been experiencing too many issues after the 16k mile. It's been dealer maintained only, and I drive less than the average doe. Windows not working, car not starting, had to take it 4 times for the same issue and finally, they got it right, issues with cheap belts breaking, serpentine and Alt Belt. Time consuming, very stressful to be broken down on the side of the road when you have a "NISSAN" under 20k miles. Unheard of before, and I owned several makes and models including Nissan in the early 90's, when their quality was much better, So I would think twice next time.

great for the $
By Aaron on 05/06/09 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for gas mileage, but was also impressed with performance from the little 1.8. Very reliable, only problem so far is the heater control lite. car is pretty comfortable for the size, the back seat is tight, but who cares I sit in the front.

For the price you can't complain
By SentraOwner2006 on 10/07/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Sentra for more then two years. The only thing that broke so far, was the CD player. It would not play CDs. Other then that I have no problems. I generally get 31 mpg and have no problems speeding up or braking. Back seat area is cramped if the car has passengers over 6 feet all. Seats are comfortable enough but the head rest could go an inch higher. The track area is great. Engine is noisy when going over 3.5 rpm. Overall I am very happy with the car and would purchase another Sentra.

5th Gear Whine
By Fred on 06/08/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really liked the Sentra when we test drove it. It was small (I am 6'2 and 250 lbs) but was comfortable enough for me to drive. There is no room in the back seat behind me when I am driving, but we are getting 38 mpg on the highway, and 33 - 34 combined and fuel efficiency was our goal. One thing that really disturbed me was the engine noise produced at 60 - 65 mph. There is a very audible whine that sounds a lot like electrical feedback. We had the transmission replaced, but the noise never went away. The dealership claimed that it was just part of the 5 speed Sentra. To their credit, I test drove another Sentra yesterday and it whined too. It may not bother you, but check

Great Road Car
By Chester Morrison on 11/10/06 06:26 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2006 Nissan Sentra five speed manual after the great experience with my wife's 2002 Pathfinder. I having been driving the car 280 miles a day since October in a new job. I average about 31 miles to the gallon. The car is fun to drive: very responsive and handles great in traffic. The interior is not luxurious but ample enough for my needs. The CD player came standard and the speaker system is great. It's the cheapest car I have ever purchased and I am quite pleased.

Should have bought the Honda...
By Ross on 08/01/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a '98 Sentra SE that was a great car. Replaced it with an '06 1.8S that is the worst car I've ever driven. The interior is the worst color ever imagined, and I think they used slinkies for the springs. The suspension is absolutely terrible! It doesn't corner well, it's unstable on the highway, and it's rough over even mild bumps. The cupholders were definitely not tested on a manual transmission model, downshifting into 1st usually results in hitting whatever is in them and spilling your drink. After 2000 miles, the car had already developed more squeaks and rattles than my 8 year car had in its lifetime. Do yourself a favor an spend the extra $2000 to buy a Civic.

good economy car
By gman on 07/13/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a good economy car that is reliable.Its doesn't have alot of room inside but it gets the job done.

Awesome Gas Mileage
By ToddinAZ on 04/27/06 16:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have three words that describe my car "I love it." I purchased the 5- speed and it has pleanty of zip around town, the color is awesome (Blue) and I have the added spoiler on mine with the tinted windows. It amazes me how many people have complimented me on my new "cheap" car purchase and thier willingness to share their stories of driving their Sentra's 100K +. I commute a 100 miles everyday so I am really appreciating the incredible gas mileage. I am averaging close to 35 mpg in mixed driving! Took it on a trip to Palm Springs and averaged just under 40 mpg! I find the car to be a great place to spend time, and find the cruise control to be right on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.