2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2006 Sentra Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Keeps truckin'
By umpdad

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July of '06. I drive 500 miles a week more or less and now have 235,500 miles on it. I did have a problem with the fuel pump and crankshaft sensor about a hundred thousand miles ago. It would start the second time every time for the longest while but eventually it worsened. I replaced a starter as a result Had a garage replace the fuel pump and it was better but got worse again. Finally took it to the dealer and got the crankshaft sensor replaced. I think it's been a great little car. All the interior buttons still work and the air is cold still after 8 1/2 years. If it dies tomorrow, I'd still think it's a great little car. The most reliable car I've ever had.

Still solid at 194k miles
By kismet1113

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the '06 S "Special Edition" model. I bought it used with around 30k miles and at 194k I've not had one mechanical issue. The single cd player in the car started eating cds and can't be used and the 6 disc Rockford Fosgate changer likes to eat them as well...so I don't use them. I think the entire Rockford system is junk and just a cheap version of their normal products. The backseat is not meant for adults at all, it is miserable for hauling adult passengers or anyone over about 5'4" tall. I used my Sentra to commute 3 hrs a day for work and it never let me sit and never broke down. Keep up with maintenance and it's a good car.

Fuel Pump
By nmhopkins

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2009 with about 25k miles on it. I've had it about 3.5 years and overall it's not been a bad vehicle. I too have had problems with the fuel pump but that has been going on for years and it's always started up the second time I turn it over. I have had the motors in the rear windows go out twice (once on either side) which cause the windows to go down and not go back up and that's a bit annoying. Also, like most small cars it doesn't handle very well in snow or heavy rain. But the car has been reliable and a great first car for me. The fuel economy is great!

Favorite Features

Quick for a small car, fuel economy, comfortable interior

Suggested Improvements

Fuel pump, window motors, better handling in bad weather

Won't buy another nissan
By conradj87

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with just under 30k. Since then the radio has quit working (twice). It was the upgraded fosgate one. The transmission has squeaked, nissan wouldn't cover it under powertrain warranty, rear wheel bearing went out, fuel pump, and the belt has squealed on and off since we got it. Exhaust started leaking around 50k miles. The engine is loud when your in the car, and there is a ton of road noise. Car has overall been a nightmare, full of problems. Completely dissappointed. Not at all what I expected from a modern, name brand car. Won't ever buy a nissan again.

Favorite Features

The brakes? They're the only thing that hasn't broken.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders, cover the transmission problems under drivetrain warranty, fix the fuel pump issue. The child seat hooks are hard to get to.

trooper
By rubyrad

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 model and I get an average of 32 mpg. I drive this car everywhere: Mexico, camping, OFF-ROAD, alot of highway/freeway driving, go to the snow resorts, put my dirtbike in the back of the seat/trunk (when open). So far this car has over 150,000 miles and runs perfect! not a single problem. I always change the oil and air filter (and maintain the car clean). I'm sure my little trooper will last over 200,000 miles. =D

Suggested Improvements

add a sunroof and racks

Good car for first time driver!
By lizemrich

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car for my 16th birthday, I've never had any problems in the year since then. It is a poorly made car, low end of Nissan for sure, but for a first car it was great. Very easy to drive and gets great gas mileage. The fuel pump is an issue for me just like everyone else who mentioned it, my car has never not started, but it does take two tries sometimes. Other than that I love it! Great first car, I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't for a teen or college student though.

Favorite Features

easy to drive, sound system is nice, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

interior design, fuel pump, quality of the car

2006 sentra
By suepoo1

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

we should all get togeather and swarm nissan and make them fix this fuel pump problem. to many having that problem

Suggested Improvements

fix my starting issue

I love my Nissan
By lovemynissan2

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my nissan in 2009 at 21k milwa on it. I love the car, great MPG. i started at 25mpg and i only used shell or bp gasoline and the best oil and now am up to 31.2(31.8) at one point. I have rims on it(16inch) bcuz the originals were bent (damn pot holes) but over all i love the car, am now at 63k miles on it and loving it. Im planning to keep until it cant run anymore. there has been a few times where i was told "u have a beautiful car" i agree it is.

Favorite Features

my Nissan its a 2006 Sentra Specia Edition fully loaded color dark blue. i love th body stylel. I have black rims with the outter edge chrome. I only need to tint my windows to make it look better because it gets too hot in the summer sinc it has a black interior.

Suggested Improvements

it does get hard to start when you turn it off i dont now what it is but it has to do something with the starter am guessin.

Victim of Nissan
By victim1

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got the car in 2008 with 28,000 miles on it. These are the things that went wrong in the first month: Every rim was bent or warped, glove box fell out, muffler pipe needed to be replaced, bad battery, the window regulators were obviously starting to fail, and, most importantly, the car does not want to start in hot weather. This last reason is a mountain of a problem because, even though we went through with an extended warranty, the dealership can't get the car to have start up issues. Either that's my luck or they're lying so they don't have to fix it, despite the fact that I know it's the fuel pump. They won't fix it under warranty unless they can "diagnose" it. Nissan is trash.

Favorite Features

It has peppy acceleration in lower gears. Gas mileage is good but not as good as advertised (I drive a lot of highway on cruise control at the speed limit for those of you who think it's my driving). That's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the fuel pump and stop advertising reliability. Nissan used to compete with honda and toyota, but now they are trash. They could also maybe, I don't know, care about their customers.

Poor quality Nissan car
By dlcruze

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new in 2006 and had problems with throttle body system and fuel system repeatedly. Luckily, I purchased a warranty that handled it. Right under 75k miles (warranty expiration)it was in the shop again for throttle body issues. less than one month later and 2k miles over warranty, I'm still having similar issues and Nissan Corporation will not repair. I lose power while on the freeway and it has put me in dangerous situations. I will never buy a Nissan again because Nissan Corporate does not back their vehicles or parts.

Suggested Improvements

Suggestion for Nissan Corporation: back your product and the parts you use.