2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Still solid at 194k miles
By kismet1113 on 05/16/14 07:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the '06 S "Special Edition" model. I bought it used with around 30k miles and at 194k I've not had one mechanical issue. The single cd player in the car started eating cds and can't be used and the 6 disc Rockford Fosgate changer likes to eat them as well...so I don't use them. I think the entire Rockford system is junk and just a cheap version of their normal products. The backseat is not meant for adults at all, it is miserable for hauling adult passengers or anyone over about 5'4" tall. I used my Sentra to commute 3 hrs a day for work and it never let me sit and never broke down. Keep up with maintenance and it's a good car.

Fuel Pump
By nmhopkins on 01/27/13 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2009 with about 25k miles on it. I've had it about 3.5 years and overall it's not been a bad vehicle. I too have had problems with the fuel pump but that has been going on for years and it's always started up the second time I turn it over. I have had the motors in the rear windows go out twice (once on either side) which cause the windows to go down and not go back up and that's a bit annoying. Also, like most small cars it doesn't handle very well in snow or heavy rain. But the car has been reliable and a great first car for me. The fuel economy is great!

Won't buy another nissan
By conradj87 on 08/01/12 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with just under 30k. Since then the radio has quit working (twice). It was the upgraded fosgate one. The transmission has squeaked, nissan wouldn't cover it under powertrain warranty, rear wheel bearing went out, fuel pump, and the belt has squealed on and off since we got it. Exhaust started leaking around 50k miles. The engine is loud when your in the car, and there is a ton of road noise. Car has overall been a nightmare, full of problems. Completely dissappointed. Not at all what I expected from a modern, name brand car. Won't ever buy a nissan again.

trooper
By rubyrad on 04/05/12 23:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 model and I get an average of 32 mpg. I drive this car everywhere: Mexico, camping, OFF-ROAD, alot of highway/freeway driving, go to the snow resorts, put my dirtbike in the back of the seat/trunk (when open). So far this car has over 150,000 miles and runs perfect! not a single problem. I always change the oil and air filter (and maintain the car clean). I'm sure my little trooper will last over 200,000 miles. =D

Good car for first time driver!
By lizemrich on 12/26/11 07:40 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car for my 16th birthday, I've never had any problems in the year since then. It is a poorly made car, low end of Nissan for sure, but for a first car it was great. Very easy to drive and gets great gas mileage. The fuel pump is an issue for me just like everyone else who mentioned it, my car has never not started, but it does take two tries sometimes. Other than that I love it! Great first car, I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't for a teen or college student though.

2006 sentra
By suepoo1 on 11/15/11 16:16 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

we should all get togeather and swarm nissan and make them fix this fuel pump problem. to many having that problem

I love my Nissan
By lovemynissan2 on 09/23/11 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my nissan in 2009 at 21k milwa on it. I love the car, great MPG. i started at 25mpg and i only used shell or bp gasoline and the best oil and now am up to 31.2(31.8) at one point. I have rims on it(16inch) bcuz the originals were bent (damn pot holes) but over all i love the car, am now at 63k miles on it and loving it. Im planning to keep until it cant run anymore. there has been a few times where i was told "u have a beautiful car" i agree it is.

Victim of Nissan
By victim1 on 09/06/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got the car in 2008 with 28,000 miles on it. These are the things that went wrong in the first month: Every rim was bent or warped, glove box fell out, muffler pipe needed to be replaced, bad battery, the window regulators were obviously starting to fail, and, most importantly, the car does not want to start in hot weather. This last reason is a mountain of a problem because, even though we went through with an extended warranty, the dealership can't get the car to have start up issues. Either that's my luck or they're lying so they don't have to fix it, despite the fact that I know it's the fuel pump. They won't fix it under warranty unless they can "diagnose" it. Nissan is trash.

Poor quality Nissan car
By dlcruze on 07/29/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new in 2006 and had problems with throttle body system and fuel system repeatedly. Luckily, I purchased a warranty that handled it. Right under 75k miles (warranty expiration)it was in the shop again for throttle body issues. less than one month later and 2k miles over warranty, I'm still having similar issues and Nissan Corporation will not repair. I lose power while on the freeway and it has put me in dangerous situations. I will never buy a Nissan again because Nissan Corporate does not back their vehicles or parts.

An awesome little car
By hurryup on 07/25/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Some of these reviews amaze me. My husband purchased ours new in '06 and it is now 5 years old & has 140,000mi plus on it & runs and drives great. The gas mileage is awesome too. My husband changes our own oil (using synthetic oil & always changes the air filter) The sticker said the car would get 31mpg highway but our average is usually 31.9 and we do tons of driving in town. The last trip we went on I drove 120miles half of it was stop & go the other half was highway and my average for the trip was 38.8mpg (thats fabulous) We could get that kind of gas mileage all the time if we tried (and no we don't shut off the a/c)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.