Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Keeps truckin'
By umpdad

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July of '06. I drive 500 miles a week more or less and now have 235,500 miles on it. I did have a problem with the fuel pump and crankshaft sensor about a hundred thousand miles ago. It would start the second time every time for the longest while but eventually it worsened. I replaced a starter as a result Had a garage replace the fuel pump and it was better but got worse again. Finally took it to the dealer and got the crankshaft sensor replaced. I think it's been a great little car. All the interior buttons still work and the air is cold still after 8 1/2 years. If it dies tomorrow, I'd still think it's a great little car. The most reliable car I've ever had.

Still solid at 194k miles
By kismet1113

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the '06 S "Special Edition" model. I bought it used with around 30k miles and at 194k I've not had one mechanical issue. The single cd player in the car started eating cds and can't be used and the 6 disc Rockford Fosgate changer likes to eat them as well...so I don't use them. I think the entire Rockford system is junk and just a cheap version of their normal products. The backseat is not meant for adults at all, it is miserable for hauling adult passengers or anyone over about 5'4" tall. I used my Sentra to commute 3 hrs a day for work and it never let me sit and never broke down. Keep up with maintenance and it's a good car.

Fuel Pump
By nmhopkins

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2009 with about 25k miles on it. I've had it about 3.5 years and overall it's not been a bad vehicle. I too have had problems with the fuel pump but that has been going on for years and it's always started up the second time I turn it over. I have had the motors in the rear windows go out twice (once on either side) which cause the windows to go down and not go back up and that's a bit annoying. Also, like most small cars it doesn't handle very well in snow or heavy rain. But the car has been reliable and a great first car for me. The fuel economy is great!

Favorite Features

Quick for a small car, fuel economy, comfortable interior

Suggested Improvements

Fuel pump, window motors, better handling in bad weather

Won't buy another nissan
By conradj87

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with just under 30k. Since then the radio has quit working (twice). It was the upgraded fosgate one. The transmission has squeaked, nissan wouldn't cover it under powertrain warranty, rear wheel bearing went out, fuel pump, and the belt has squealed on and off since we got it. Exhaust started leaking around 50k miles. The engine is loud when your in the car, and there is a ton of road noise. Car has overall been a nightmare, full of problems. Completely dissappointed. Not at all what I expected from a modern, name brand car. Won't ever buy a nissan again.

Favorite Features

The brakes? They're the only thing that hasn't broken.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders, cover the transmission problems under drivetrain warranty, fix the fuel pump issue. The child seat hooks are hard to get to.

trooper
By rubyrad

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 model and I get an average of 32 mpg. I drive this car everywhere: Mexico, camping, OFF-ROAD, alot of highway/freeway driving, go to the snow resorts, put my dirtbike in the back of the seat/trunk (when open). So far this car has over 150,000 miles and runs perfect! not a single problem. I always change the oil and air filter (and maintain the car clean). I'm sure my little trooper will last over 200,000 miles. =D

Suggested Improvements

add a sunroof and racks