2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (19 reviews )
Love this car!
By lordkeystroke on 08/03/14 04:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in 07 with 19k on it. Added a Greddy Spectrum Elite catback and Falken Ziex tires. It is fun, and gets decent mileage, and handles really well. My only complaints are: The rings are weak, and my oil consumption has tripled (73k on it now), and sometimes when downshifting into 2nd, it pops out of gear. Keeping oil in it is simple, however, and I just hold the stick in 2nd to prevent the annoyance.

Fun when it works, never again though
By SeanJ on 06/29/10 05:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car had 11,900 miles when I purchased it and was like new. It was great when it was working but I have had a multitude of problems and issues. It won't crank easily after the engine has been warmed up, it turns over and over forever before starting. Dealer fixed it once but it's doing it again and now it's not under warranty. The crankshaft sensor has gone bad and is a listed recall but Nissan says my VIN wasn't affected, obviously. Now the car wants to turn off while driving. It consumes oil like crazy, have to add oil in between changes. Fun to drive when it's working but not worth the headache. Nissan doesn't honor anything, steer clear.

Recommend
By freddy on 06/02/10 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

4 years 50,000 miles later fast, fun, easy to drive. front seats are spacious and comfortable. very smooth ride.

Still going
By TLS on 07/28/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Lets just say this is a damn good car if its still running after a year of my husband behind the wheel he has a record of tearing cars up in less than 6 months and trust me this little car has been threw hell but I still feel confident getting behind the wheel it take me where I need to go comfortably and shes running like a top to this day.

No Problems
By Speed Bump on 01/19/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Spec V with 400 miles. Now at 15,300 running premium gas as recommended and synthetic fuel. I average 25.8 mpg. Incredible little car that's extremely pleased me after owning a twin turbo Volvo and an 88 Supra n/a.

Wow
By Jfurton723 on 10/15/08 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

So I bought this car after having a Cobalt SS. I loved that car and I wish I'd have kept it. I've put a hell of a lot of miles on it in the two years I've had it, but it hasn't held up to any standard whatsoever. I've had the a/c system replaced three times, the compressors are pieces of junk. The sub woofer for the Rockford system is made of paper so it's extremely easily blown. The standard brake package stinks. Honestly the only reason I got this car is because it was the only Sentra on the lot that had a factory moonroof in it. Oh, and watch out around 70,000 miles the motor mounts just randomly break.

Love the car
By kiran on 09/11/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first car. As a college student my main focus was safety and reliability. It is a very nice car with 9 speakers, great pickup speed, and very safe. Great price with a lot of wonderful features packed in it. Also gives good mileage.

Great little head turner!
By cobra989 on 06/28/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this little car, I have owned several different cars and raced professionally and this car is the most race-like experience that I have found for under 25k. I didnt want a Honda/Acura because everyone has one, so the Spec V is the next best choice. I am glad I bought it, never had any regrets w/over 23k on it in 9 months. I have smiled with every mile I've driven.

06 Sentra SE-R Spec V
By Alex on 05/03/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a yellow SE R Spec V in February, I love how it stuck out in the lot. In fact, the day I bought it I got a speeding ticket. I love the car, it's so much fun to drive. Doesn't go too well in the snow with those little tires but that's okay. Everything else works great and it has been very reliable. It would be nice to have audio controls on the steering wheel, and would like to have better gas mileage. Overall the car is excellent.

Very fun car, and practical
By Ryan on 04/20/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This has been a great car! It will do every thing from haul the kids to blast through the corners.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.