Used 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

piece of crap
By foxyirish

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Gas cap broken, it will not shut tight and will not open with pull switch inside the car. Trunk will not open by pull tab inside car or remote button. Will only open by key. Rear bumper loose and hanging on passenger side. Wheel bearings were replaced on driver rear within 6 months of purchase. Rear passenger side now need replaced. Difficult to start at times. I will NOT buy another Nissan Sentra. No freaking way.

Nothing

All the above.

Best gas mileage car ever!!
By sentraowner

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Nissan Sentra. The first 2 lasted 240k and 320k. This one is heading for 400k if the body will hold. With the 1.8L engine, manual 5 spd transmission, Amsoil 0w-30 full synthetic oil, full synthetic in both the manual transmission and the transaxle, this car averages 38-44mpg with cruise control on and at 65 mph. I use my Garmin Nuvi to sync my speedometer and find it is 3mph slow. Bad points: Slow acceleration Good points: Great in the snow, even in WNY winters. Very reliable. Only dealer service I have had is having the belts (timing, alternator, water pump) changed every 60k. Oil changes at 10-15K miles using Amsoil filters.

Gas mileage, reliability

None

What to expect
By Carolina

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprisingly disappointed with my choice. Special Edition, sounded great, looked good, systems is nice, but have been experiencing too many issues after the 16k mile. It's been dealer maintained only, and I drive less than the average doe. Windows not working, car not starting, had to take it 4 times for the same issue and finally, they got it right, issues with cheap belts breaking, serpentine and Alt Belt. Time consuming, very stressful to be broken down on the side of the road when you have a "NISSAN" under 20k miles. Unheard of before, and I owned several makes and models including Nissan in the early 90's, when their quality was much better, So I would think twice next time.

Pump fuel kit. Better quality belts, better cup holders with deeper capacity, better motors for windows

great for the $
By Aaron

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for gas mileage, but was also impressed with performance from the little 1.8. Very reliable, only problem so far is the heater control lite. car is pretty comfortable for the size, the back seat is tight, but who cares I sit in the front.

Economy, handling, cheap to own, and the older style body (the car looks like a car, not a wedge of cheese or something).

My biggest complaint is the rather low 5th gear, (RPM whine on the highway). I think is to avoid having to down shift on highway, but it hurts high-speed fuel economy (MPG drastically drops as you drive above 70-80ish.)

For the price you can't complain
By SentraOwner2006

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Sentra for more then two years. The only thing that broke so far, was the CD player. It would not play CDs. Other then that I have no problems. I generally get 31 mpg and have no problems speeding up or braking. Back seat area is cramped if the car has passengers over 6 feet all. Seats are comfortable enough but the head rest could go an inch higher. The track area is great. Engine is noisy when going over 3.5 rpm. Overall I am very happy with the car and would purchase another Sentra.

Control and response, exterior and interior styles. Stock speakers are great for the fact that they are stock.

Make back foot space one inch longer. Higher quality headunit. Car could easily lose 200 pounds.