2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Plain-Jane car, bad handling, overpriced
By Josh on 12/07/09 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this in December 2006. Nothing special, no power windows or seats. No cruise, no ABS, no AC, wipers have 3 settings, too slow, too fast and 'use only in a monsoon fast'. Car is squirrley on the freeway, extremely noisy, but I've gotten almost 40MPG on roadtrips doing 70MPH. If you do not turn on the power and let it set and beep a few times before turning the engine it stalls or has a hard start. Runs great on regular oil. Interior is very cheap. cupholders are useless and cups can interfere with manual shift knob. Drivers door has always had a tiny and occasional leak.

Good but not great
By shakalaka on 11/29/09 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car in 2006 with only 300 miles on it, since then I have driven to hell and back. It now has 127369 miles on the engine, and the car still running strong. I already replaced the belts, spark plugs and the stock tires, but that would qualify as normal wear replacement. The one issue and biggest problem I have with this car is the fuel pump, at 80,000 miles it gave out and I found out many sentra customers have the same issue. Why will Nissan not do a recall on this unit, to me it seems like nissan does not care for its customers. They want this to come out of our own pocket even though it is a manufacturer problem, nothing the customer has done has caused this faulty fuel kit.

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather on 08/09/07 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.