Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Good econobox on a budget.
By Midwest Driver

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had mine 8 years. Good car, always starts. 108,000 miles, so far normal brakes, tires, belts, hoses, maintenance, one alternator, some emission repairs, receiver for remote entry, trunk latch. Not much really for the miles and usage. Good gas mileage and good acceleration.

Reliable
By Xy San

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car from my mom in 2013 with 120,000 miles. She purchased this brand new in 2005. it now has 180,000 miles on it. I drive so far to and from work everyday. Still running great and only had to do maintenance. Didnt have to replace anything prematurely.

Can't wait to get rid of this nightmare!
By doppelv

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Sentra SE back in 2008, and the best decision I made was to get an extended warranty. Things break on this car that just shouldn't for the age and miles. My head gasket went out at 38K, my motor mounts all went out at 82K. I've had sensors randomly fail, causing the car to stall on the highway. Overall, I'm at the point where I'm just expecting it to break again at any time. If I could afford a new car, this thing would be gone in a heartbeat. It's a money pit, pure and simple, and the nightmare doesn't appear to be ending any time soon.

Decent gas mileage when the car works. That's about it.

Nissan needs to take responsibility for the issues that are so frequently reported. The Head Gasket needs a recall, as does the Crankshaft Sensor (for the 1.8 engine).

Been Pretty Reliable So Far
By myfirstnissan

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S since Feb. 2009. It had 58,000 miles on it when I bought it, and now has 122,000. Overall it has been a reliable car. In addition to the normal wear & tear stuff with any car you buy, I recently have had to change the rear struts, rotors & brake pads, left lower control arm, right tie rod end, and had an alignment. Overall, so far the car has been good to me.

DON'T IT
By notonissan1

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

March 2005, I purchased my first Nissan.
Faithfully maintained.
Over a year and over 3K later my mechanic gave up and said take it to Nissan - 3rd cylinder misfire. How can so many owners have the same problem and Nissan doesn't recall it?
NO MORE NISSANS for me.