What a great car!
By LmSpencr on
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I drove this car for a route that covered 300+ miles per day. I put over 200k miles on the car in roughly 2 1/4 years, with only the most basic maintenance. I then let the car sit for 8 months. The car still drives like new! The Sentra is indestructible! Even as the fuel economy is solid (I usually averaged 30-32 mpg), the car is not miniature. The acceleration is very good for a 1.8 liter engine, and the tranny is solid. I have a certain sadness as I am trading the car in. I am convinced that it will go another 100k+ miles, but have to move on. I wish the car would meet a happy road ahead, but at 235k miles, I have my doubts. I would not hesitate to recommend Sentra to anyone.
Favorite Features
Engine and transmission are indestructible! The body is solid and pretty safe (found that out the hard way). Brakes are great! Radio is very good. Cruise works well. Fuel economy is solid. Temperature reading and miles to go display are very helpful.
Suggested Improvements
Some improvement to seats would be perfect. Better tires are a must. Better marketing as to the incredible dependability would sell many more Sentras.