2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Good commuter car, Faulty Head

2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

Good commuter car, Faulty Head Gasket
By Idaho Commuter on

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Used as as commuter car, it has done really pretty well until the head gasket issue hit us. Nissan should have recalled these vehicles since it is a known defect. It sure seems like every 2005 Sentra WILL eventually have to have the head gasket repaired at $1000+ ($1200 in our region). Shame on Nissan. It has performed admirably other than this major issue. Nice mileage (Avg 36 mpg), and a work horse for us commuting long distances. With the defective head gasket on these cars, we cannot recommend them. We feel our loyalty to Nissan is forever damaged since they have shown no loyalty back to us by not recalling a known major issue. Buyer beware if the head gasket has not been replaced!

Very nice gas mileage. Easy to reach most serviceable parts (oil, fluids, etc.). Like the fabric on the seats and color scheme.

Interior noise is the worst of any car we have ever owned...lots off creaks and wind noise. Need better lighted displays/messages on all their instruments and controls. Nissan needs to stand behind their cars and help customers fix ubiquitous defective problems.
By dgaisie
on 04/18/12 09:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this car used with 70,000 miles on it about a year ago, my service engine light was on. Nothing happened for months., my car started randomly dying , which is a big inconvenience to me. i changed the plugs and since then my car can not move on to even 40 km/hr. the gears wont pick up even when the accelerator is presses down. i took it to the mechanic and was told to change the plug wires which has been done. the car was driven for a few miles and the problem has appeared again. i need help . please contact me with our suggestion to derrickgaisie@yahoo.com