Blows my mind, and my head gasket too
By ChristaLynn11 on
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Original owner. Good commuter car for someone who does about 80 miles RT daily. Driver seat would benefit from lumbar support. Small back seats with little room and my goodness the cupholders. The two best parts about it are the gas mileage (average almost 30) and the stereo that comes with the Special Edition - it sounds amazing and is my favorite part of the car. I however, did have the blown head gasket issue yesterday, at 51000 miles. Although it was covered by warranty, I still found coming to a near stop with smoke blowing out of my car during rush hour which going 65 mph to be terrifying enough to warn others that this car DOES HAVE an issue with the headgasket going out.
Favorite Features
Stereo is amazing, has aux jack from my iPod that makes it sound even better. Great handling, feels a little tight and sporty. Great for commuting to/from work and running around town. Love the fold down seats and the hold for my sunglasses.
Suggested Improvements
Better workmanship on the head gasket issue, and make sure dealers are aware of it. My car was in the shop 3 times before it blew and they finally figured out the issue. Not okay with me - when it blew it was a major hazard and scary to be in. And WOW the cupholder placement is OBNOXIOUS.