Blown Head gasket Problem
By jayfelix on
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
After 65,000 miles i got a blown head gasket and it seems that many people with the same model car had the same problem. No recall, no responsibility. Needless to say, this will be the last Nissan i will ever own. If you are reading this review, DONT BUY IT!! Unless it's mine. After so much money i put into it, it's running decently enough to sell it.
By swatts831
on 07/18/11 22:42 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem right after the car hit 52,000 miles! Of course Nissan didn't want to take responsibility since the warranty was up at 50k. Ended up having to put a new engine in it. The second engine had less than 24k miles, then wouldn't you know, after I hit about 50k on the #2 engine, I've had constant problems! It seems to be a sensor issue with the spark plugs now. If you start the car in cold weather, let it sit and the engine warm up for about 5 minutes, then it seems to run fine. But if you start up and go, the Check Engine light comes on and you get a reading of P003, or General Misfire. Each and every time I got the engine light, I hopped over to my mechanic, and he couldnt find a thing wrong! Then he told me to let the engine get warm before I drove off in cold weather, no problems since! My biggest issue with the car is that you HAVE to keep up with the maintenance as far as the oil, tune-ups, air filter, and anti-freeze goes. Otherwise, you're going to be buying a new engine or a new car!

By nethappy
on 06/02/11 10:48 AM (PDT)

Happened to me last year and I had even higher mileage. It's a good car, but that did put a kink in my view on reliability.

By swatts831
on 12/06/11 08:16 AM (PST)

update on my previous post: I have 96,124 miles on my car. Purchased it with 8 miles on the odometer. As soon as my engine had 52,000 miles everything seemed to fall apart with the engine. The engine thermostat failed to notify me that my engine was running hot, and next thing I knew my car died in the middle of the interstate! Come to fine out the heat caused a crack in the cylinder and a blown head gasket. One (used) engine later (cost me $2400) I am now on engine #2. The 2nd engine had under 24,000 miles on it. Well wouldnt you know, as soon as THAT engine hit 50,000 miles, things started going WRONG! Everything from misfiring spark plugs (that have been repeatedly changed, and the heads have been changed), to jerking while driving from 1st gear to 2nd gear, starting problems, the car eats coolant like it's going out of style! And now my newest issue is the fuel injector. Took me over an hour to get it started yesterday, then found out that the engine is not getting the fuel it needs to start. So now I've added some fuel injection cleaner and am on the search for a fuel filter...