Blown head gasket 110KKM, 5 years old
By bjinqc on
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Seriously? I have never blown a head gasket on 5 other vehicles that I have taken over 250KKM., two past 400 What modern car maker can fail to prevent such a potentially serious design flaw or to correct it once it becomes generally known? The old style school of denial just does not work in the internet age. Fool me once, shame on me... anything but a Nissan the next time.
By ace007
on 02/02/13 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 sentra 1.8S, bought brand new in 05. Stalled, fixed in 36k mile warranty. Then part of fuel pump went out, replaced for about $500 at about 100k miles. Head gasket went at 120k miles and then fuel pump, about $1,200 and $500 respectivley. At about $150k miles 2 tie rods went and some kind of sensor or crank sensor, cannot remember the name exactly, about $1,000 total, had brake work done at same time for add'l $500. Too many problems! Especially the head gasket, I read that many others had the same problem and Nissan did not do anything about it. Last Nissan I will buy, and it is a shame because I really like the cars they make, but with these kinds of problems, I cannot afford the extra money and the hassle. We had 3 Nissans/Datsuns growing up, but this one did not live up to my expectations on the reliabilty front. Rides great and is comfortable though. Next time it will be Honda, Toyota, or Subaru. My loyalty to Nissan is over.