2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Before you buy

2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

1.8 S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Before you buy
By Before U Buy on

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my F150 for this car when gas went up to 3 bucks a gallon the first time, I drive 90 miles a day to work, minimum. I don't recommend this car as the head gasket went out at 42,000. The engine was missing, sparkplug #2 did smell like antifreeze, check engine like came on. I changed it myself. 80 bucks for the head gasket. I will say the engine is VERY easy to work on compared to most if you're mechanically inclined. CD player died, now using a MP3 player through aux port. Engine is well designed except the head gasket, lots of people have the same issue I see. Other gaskets are awesome, no sealant needed. If you buy this car, be prepared to fix the head gasket.

Really like the dash, everything is easy to learn, and can view the dash through the steering wheel. Back seat space is sparse, (no prob, small car). Cup holders too close to dash. Sound system rocks for stock. Love the rear seats folding down, trunk space is awesome for a small car.

Not sure about the next Generation 2007s, but the head gasket should be more reliable, costly repair for sure if your paying a mechanic. The factory roll on silicon is thin as a fingernail. Rest of the engine is awesome though, well designed. Everything else works well.