2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Definately a Good Buy
By Adam on 07/13/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i Just got a new 1.8s Special edition sentra and it is amazing. The sound system is much more than anyone expected. It picks up pretty well (i suggest the 5-speed manual). It saves a ton of gas when driven normally. Best of all, it was the best possible deal since the civic and the corolla were more expensive, yet had less power, worse design, and less than half of the options.

Sentra Rocks
By Teri on 07/10/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never owned one of cars before, but my son got me a terrific deal on this one. It's a Nissan Special Edition with a 6-disk CD changer and a 1-disk loader, 6 inside speaker surround sound with a sub woofer mounted in the very large trunk. The left side of the back seat folds down, creating even more cargo space. Yes, the back seat is small, but I'm very short and the only one in the car most of the time. Still, it's big enough for my grandkids, carseats an all. I get great mileage with this wonderful little car, and there's even a window, part of the odometer, that tells my mileage as I go on. It also tells the outside temperature & how far I've gone each trip. Be happy!!!

Great for the price!
By maja0128 on 07/07/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am enjoying my Sentra. For the price with the fuel ecomony you can't go wrong. I only wish the updated design was available when I bought it but that's ok. I am very happy with it.

okay
By CharlieGates on 07/03/05 04:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really fun to drive, but the day after I bought this car i washed it, and both the front bumper, and the rear bumper are already loose. I'm afraid if i try and dry the bumpers they might fall off. The back seat is VERY small. The driver and front passanger have to have their seats all the way forward to make the rear passanger even fit. I don't like the dash because after about a year or two in the arizona heat the entire plastic interior is going to start cracking and falling off. Also if you put your foot into it, the engine seems like it doesn't know what to do.

2k5 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
By Nissan Driver 4 Lyfe on 07/01/05 09:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the car after going through hell with a 2k3 Mazda Protege5. Had the protege5 4 months & visited Mazda 9 times within that time period. Anyway I will have owned the SE-R for 3 weeks on Monday (7/4/05) and have put 2250 miles on it already. Nissan has addressed all issues with car since 2k2 and 2k5 SE-R is very refined and a great improvement over early models. QR25DE engine is very responsive, powerful, quiet yet very refined. Skyline seats are firm but comfortable. Exterior looks good with nice wheels and kit. Interior fit and finish is excellent and materials look and feel of high quality but collects way 2 much dust. Handles and rides sporty.

Sweet ride
By Mario on 06/28/05 17:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I picked up a SE-R a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving it. It has good power, sweet handling, and looks sharp in the blackout color that I bought. The stock stereo system has a AUX in for your MP3 player which is a huge plus for me. An excellent car with some nice power for a low price.

My wife's car.
By ray anderson on 06/20/05 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

the car is fun to drive but the 1.8 liter engine dosnt have enough punch for me.For her its just fine.The up graded radio is a plus and it rides and handles awesome for a little light car.When i get to drive it i just have a blast but i also enjoy the power my titan has to offer. R.A.

Decent Ride - Could Be Better
By -cdt- on 06/16/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a decent car. That's not to say that it can't use some upgrades that would make it Excellent! Coming from a Jetta, there a few things that I miss - Day Time Running Lights, automatic locking doors, comfortable interior.

Love my New Car
By Randi on 06/15/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2005 Sentra the day after Memorial Day. So far I love it. I have the 1.8s Special Edition. The stereo is great and the ride is very nice. However, I do have two children and would not recommend it for long trips. The space in the back is very cramped. My only other complaint would be the placement of the cup holders in the front of the car. Other than that I am impressed by everything else.

Ignore the cup holders.
By A Bryden on 06/14/05 13:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Sentra after owning a feisty '99 Cougar. Let's just say that this is a welcome change. I decided on the Sentra because of the superior gas mileage, and after test driving the Civic and Corolla, I decided this was the best buy for my taste, as well as having the most horsepower out of the three base models. I have had only one problem with mine so far; one of the belts came off because a bolt was not tight enough. However, it was easy to fix. I have the 1.8 S Special Edition, which comes with a Rockford Fosgate soundsystem (and subwoofer). I love it; probably my favorite feature on the car. This car is very reliable and wonderful on the highway.