2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Best car for your money
By PAT on 09/03/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second sentra and i am very pleased with this one as well. my next one will more than likely be another sentra. i have had no problems with either one so why mess with a good thing?

Lotta performance, little $$
By CHUCK on 08/27/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my top pick for $20,000 and under sport compacts. I purchased my Spec V in Mar. '04, and I still love driving it more than ever! My favorite part is the extremely competent handling and torque. The car has excellent power to weight ratio. 6sp. manual has great ratios but has trouble finding 5th gear alot. styling is a bit econocar on steriods,but the driver doesn't mind.

Lots of Pep and Good Gas Mileage
By JT on 08/12/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 1.8S Special Edition package and received an excellent deal. I looked at everything from Scions, Focus, Hondas and Toyotas. One test drive and i was sold, not to mention the deal. This car has been very peppy so far. Not a squeak, rattle or a murmur so far. I'm getting 36mpg, and i average about 65 to 70mph on my commute. The Rockford Fosgate stereo system is incredible. Backseat is a little, but i don't sit there. The dash layout is easy to read, all dials and buttons are where you would think they would be. Trunk is spacious for a small car. Also if you're so inclined this car has been very easy to service yourself.I would recommend this car if you want dependable transport

Fun back into driving
By Anthony Perkins on 08/04/05 02:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Car is fun to drive. Getting use to the very close ratio 6 speed, puts joy into drivng a manual transmission again, makes me feel like teenager. Car handles super, and the power to weight ratio is exciting. Could use power seats, to go with the rest of the power options though, big let down. sound system a big plus. Big fun, small price :)

good buy
By buj on 08/02/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2 months old and 3750 miles and no problems. quieter and more comfortable than my 2002 civic...but, gas mileage not as good. great stereo/cd player, breathable seating material, comfortable seats, power options work as expected

Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Mike on 07/30/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Nissan Sentra SE-R for a while now and simply love the car! Its sporty appeal is a very good quality to me. Not to mention that Nissan has a reputation that only a few makers can match when it comes to Tuner/Race cars and their quality and knowledge in the field. I feel very confident about the future performance of this car and look forward to continued business with this automaker!!!

Great little eco car
By Digiburd on 07/25/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car a few days ago and personally it was a tough decision. The price was the clincher. I was torn between the Hyundai Elantra 5Dr, and the Nissan Sentra Special Edition. Both cars had similar features and price. After test driving the Nissan handles better and feels more "solid" you get the door "thunk" in the Nissan that in my mind spells quality. The ride is smooth and quite, the stereo rocks (get the audio fanatic package), and it's peppy. After all was said and done I paid the TMV price. Which with the refund got me way under what the Hyundai was going for. Plus you get a better True cost to owner with the Nissn. In my mind, a better choice.

Fun in the Sun
By Glen Jones on 07/22/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This will probably be my last new car purchase and wanted something fun to drive, preferably a stick, with a good sound system, moon roof and a color that won't get lost in a parking lot with all the other white, black, silver and red cars! Had SpecV a month and love the acceleration, gas mileage and sporty look and feel. Was disappointed to have a single CD player only option available . . . wanted to put a load in the system and cruise. Bottom line: for the money, a lotta car!

Happy overall
By VANESSA on 07/21/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love the look of this car and all of the features. I have had some problems though w/ the keyless entry but it's in the process of being fixed. Great car for first time buyer who wants a lot for a moderate price.

My Nissan
By Joanna on 07/16/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The front seats have so much leg room. Even more than my full size SUV. The gas mileage is wonderful.