2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
2 Thumbs up for the Spec V !!!!!
By bennyspecv on 09/07/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First of all, I had a 2002 sentra XE (touring: Mags,rear spoiler & 6 CD changer). The upgrade to a 2005 SE-R SpecV was well appreciated. The SpecV is so fun to drive.... when you take a corner that you are used to take with another car in the specV, you will see that the handling is surprising and when you think you can't go faster, it sticks to the road. The only regret I have is that they changed the exterior look from the 2002-2003 but the overall performance takes your mind off the body and keeps it on the road !!!!

test drive this with open windows
By MOST on 09/05/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and frankly am dissapointed, the pickup - or lack- thereof, is frustrating - talking about even turning corners, never mind trying to speed up when getting onto a highway! And driving this with open windows even at 25 mph i feel like i'm rocking a boat! As for the fuel - it claims it does 28mpg but it doesn't do more that 20! I thought i'd be getting something worth the name Nissan! - (and i used to drive a 2000 Ford Contour!)

Best car for your money
By PAT on 09/03/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second sentra and i am very pleased with this one as well. my next one will more than likely be another sentra. i have had no problems with either one so why mess with a good thing?

Lotta performance, little $$
By CHUCK on 08/27/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my top pick for $20,000 and under sport compacts. I purchased my Spec V in Mar. '04, and I still love driving it more than ever! My favorite part is the extremely competent handling and torque. The car has excellent power to weight ratio. 6sp. manual has great ratios but has trouble finding 5th gear alot. styling is a bit econocar on steriods,but the driver doesn't mind.

Lots of Pep and Good Gas Mileage
By JT on 08/12/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 1.8S Special Edition package and received an excellent deal. I looked at everything from Scions, Focus, Hondas and Toyotas. One test drive and i was sold, not to mention the deal. This car has been very peppy so far. Not a squeak, rattle or a murmur so far. I'm getting 36mpg, and i average about 65 to 70mph on my commute. The Rockford Fosgate stereo system is incredible. Backseat is a little, but i don't sit there. The dash layout is easy to read, all dials and buttons are where you would think they would be. Trunk is spacious for a small car. Also if you're so inclined this car has been very easy to service yourself.I would recommend this car if you want dependable transport

Fun back into driving
By Anthony Perkins on 08/04/05 02:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Car is fun to drive. Getting use to the very close ratio 6 speed, puts joy into drivng a manual transmission again, makes me feel like teenager. Car handles super, and the power to weight ratio is exciting. Could use power seats, to go with the rest of the power options though, big let down. sound system a big plus. Big fun, small price :)

good buy
By buj on 08/02/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2 months old and 3750 miles and no problems. quieter and more comfortable than my 2002 civic...but, gas mileage not as good. great stereo/cd player, breathable seating material, comfortable seats, power options work as expected

Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Mike on 07/30/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Nissan Sentra SE-R for a while now and simply love the car! Its sporty appeal is a very good quality to me. Not to mention that Nissan has a reputation that only a few makers can match when it comes to Tuner/Race cars and their quality and knowledge in the field. I feel very confident about the future performance of this car and look forward to continued business with this automaker!!!

Great little eco car
By Digiburd on 07/25/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car a few days ago and personally it was a tough decision. The price was the clincher. I was torn between the Hyundai Elantra 5Dr, and the Nissan Sentra Special Edition. Both cars had similar features and price. After test driving the Nissan handles better and feels more "solid" you get the door "thunk" in the Nissan that in my mind spells quality. The ride is smooth and quite, the stereo rocks (get the audio fanatic package), and it's peppy. After all was said and done I paid the TMV price. Which with the refund got me way under what the Hyundai was going for. Plus you get a better True cost to owner with the Nissn. In my mind, a better choice.

Fun in the Sun
By Glen Jones on 07/22/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This will probably be my last new car purchase and wanted something fun to drive, preferably a stick, with a good sound system, moon roof and a color that won't get lost in a parking lot with all the other white, black, silver and red cars! Had SpecV a month and love the acceleration, gas mileage and sporty look and feel. Was disappointed to have a single CD player only option available . . . wanted to put a load in the system and cruise. Bottom line: for the money, a lotta car!