2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Lots of Pep and Good Gas Mileage
By JT on 08/12/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 1.8S Special Edition package and received an excellent deal. I looked at everything from Scions, Focus, Hondas and Toyotas. One test drive and i was sold, not to mention the deal. This car has been very peppy so far. Not a squeak, rattle or a murmur so far. I'm getting 36mpg, and i average about 65 to 70mph on my commute. The Rockford Fosgate stereo system is incredible. Backseat is a little, but i don't sit there. The dash layout is easy to read, all dials and buttons are where you would think they would be. Trunk is spacious for a small car. Also if you're so inclined this car has been very easy to service yourself.I would recommend this car if you want dependable transport

good buy
By buj on 08/02/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2 months old and 3750 miles and no problems. quieter and more comfortable than my 2002 civic...but, gas mileage not as good. great stereo/cd player, breathable seating material, comfortable seats, power options work as expected

Great little eco car
By Digiburd on 07/25/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car a few days ago and personally it was a tough decision. The price was the clincher. I was torn between the Hyundai Elantra 5Dr, and the Nissan Sentra Special Edition. Both cars had similar features and price. After test driving the Nissan handles better and feels more "solid" you get the door "thunk" in the Nissan that in my mind spells quality. The ride is smooth and quite, the stereo rocks (get the audio fanatic package), and it's peppy. After all was said and done I paid the TMV price. Which with the refund got me way under what the Hyundai was going for. Plus you get a better True cost to owner with the Nissn. In my mind, a better choice.

Happy overall
By VANESSA on 07/21/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love the look of this car and all of the features. I have had some problems though w/ the keyless entry but it's in the process of being fixed. Great car for first time buyer who wants a lot for a moderate price.

My Nissan
By Joanna on 07/16/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The front seats have so much leg room. Even more than my full size SUV. The gas mileage is wonderful.

Definately a Good Buy
By Adam on 07/13/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i Just got a new 1.8s Special edition sentra and it is amazing. The sound system is much more than anyone expected. It picks up pretty well (i suggest the 5-speed manual). It saves a ton of gas when driven normally. Best of all, it was the best possible deal since the civic and the corolla were more expensive, yet had less power, worse design, and less than half of the options.

Great for the price!
By maja0128 on 07/07/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am enjoying my Sentra. For the price with the fuel ecomony you can't go wrong. I only wish the updated design was available when I bought it but that's ok. I am very happy with it.

okay
By CharlieGates on 07/03/05 04:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really fun to drive, but the day after I bought this car i washed it, and both the front bumper, and the rear bumper are already loose. I'm afraid if i try and dry the bumpers they might fall off. The back seat is VERY small. The driver and front passanger have to have their seats all the way forward to make the rear passanger even fit. I don't like the dash because after about a year or two in the arizona heat the entire plastic interior is going to start cracking and falling off. Also if you put your foot into it, the engine seems like it doesn't know what to do.

My wife's car.
By ray anderson on 06/20/05 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

the car is fun to drive but the 1.8 liter engine dosnt have enough punch for me.For her its just fine.The up graded radio is a plus and it rides and handles awesome for a little light car.When i get to drive it i just have a blast but i also enjoy the power my titan has to offer. R.A.

Decent Ride - Could Be Better
By -cdt- on 06/16/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a decent car. That's not to say that it can't use some upgrades that would make it Excellent! Coming from a Jetta, there a few things that I miss - Day Time Running Lights, automatic locking doors, comfortable interior.