2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
My New Nissan Sentra
By s. wells on 02/11/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My new Nissan Sentra replaced a 20 year old Nissan Sentra so in the beginning I really loved this car. After a few months I noticed the seats are a little too thin and I can feel the motor under the seat when using the automatic windows. Also, the suspension is the same as my old car. It seems the shock absorbing system hasn't changed in 20 years. The car can be very tiring on a drive exceeding a couple of hours. The windows film and are hard to clean. Nissan says this is normal when the car sits in the sun. I finally found a product that will clean the windows and they will not film for a couple of months,

Darn Good Car
By Elisa on 12/22/05 00:55 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine about 5 - 6 months ago, drives good, I don't get 30 mpg though like the other comments left, I get about 20 mpg and 25 on highway, either way it's a cute compact car, dont like the trunk lights too much but the front is nice looking, could be a little bigger inside, overall no problems.

Nismo Hellion
By Orange Hellion on 11/22/05 17:30 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am a previous 89 Maxima SE owner (still running with 210K miles son has it) and thought the down grade would make me miss the Maxima. This was not the case, I now have better performance and fuel economy (avg 29.5) and when I purchased it I added two tone black/orange leather. The NISMO cat back and cold air intake were worthy investments the performance increase with these put me now at 95/99 Maxima numbers (184 Hp@ 4k rpm and 195 ft/lbs @ 4K). The leather upgrade gave it a very upscale look to. Thanks to the guys at Maxwell Town North Nissan for making it all happen at a great price.

I love my Nissan
By womenscountry on 11/05/05 10:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I used the internet to compare cars along with Comsumer Report. I bought my Sentra after 3 months of research led me to believe it was the car for me. I drive in town and on the highway and it does great in both modes. I am not a speedster so a small 4 cylindar car with high MPG is what I was looking for. The price was great too. So far it has performed as I thought it would. I have driven both Toyotas and Mazdas in the past but they are both getting a bit pricey for what I need a car to do. I would buy it again, no doubt.

If you like boring
By Art Hampton on 11/01/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this is the car for you. My motive for buying this car was to get the most reliable, economical, dependable transportation for my money. I plan to drive the car for about 15 years and get roughly 150k miles out of it. So far the car has performed perfectly (it's new and it better!). It's quiet, has adequate power for the freeway, handles OK, it's boring! Perfect.

One of the best Foreign economy cars
By faruk on 10/21/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car on finance, never had any problem, i drove honda civic 2004 also in comparision Nissan Sentra is better. nissan sentra & toyota corola both are better than civic. very strong body. my wife loves it. steering wheel is a little stiffer than corola. but it's a little road rocket. as i have manual transmission on this car & actually giving me around 32 to 36 miles a gallon on highways which is great. i would never sell my car for a domestic. my friend had ford focus always broke down on him. he went and bought a sentra. american cars tends to start breaking down after 50k mostly because they focus on quantity, japanese cars are more focused on quality. believe me go test drive it.

Takes a licking...
By carkiller on 10/20/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I beat on this car like I hated it since leaving the lot, and it keeps on going-zero problems even after I drive it on dirt roads, lag on my maintenance requirements, and really act like it is a rental car. Takes all my hard abuse and not a peep. Very solid and great MPG (you can guess I dont tiddle toe around with it-foot to the floor 90% of the time)

Great little car
By Kristin on 10/18/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently got in an accident that caused extensive damage to my car from a high-speed, head-on collision. I walked away just fine without any injuries. AMAZING! The crumple zones were created perfectly, and protected me really well. I didnt even come out with a headache. I defintely stand by my vehicle, and will always drive a nissan

Buy the SE version, you won't regret it
By John on 10/11/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding deal for the money. Buy the SE - don't even consider the S model (which is about $2K more expensive) averaging 37-42 MPG highway, and 36 in town, excellent for a 4 door fully loaded (all power options except transmission). The package on the SE has all the options for $500.00 - ordered separately is over $4,000.00 on S version

Disappointed
By NoNissanForMe on 10/04/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Sentra 1.8 Special in April because I got married and needed a good gas mileage vehicle for my upcoming communte. So far, I am sorely disappointed with the car. I have had it in the shop now 5 times in 5 months. To me, I did not get my money's worth at all. I traded a Ford for this vehicle and I am soon to be trading back into a Ford. The biggest problems that I have with the car are the lack of power (especially going uphill), the loose bumpers, and the loud exhaust, and the gripping brakes and roaring rear axle. I thought I was getting a good car, being my first import, but boy was I wrong. I am going back to my Ford ASAP!!!