2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great Little Car
By Dave Thomas on 03/20/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm an Insurance appraiser, covering East Texas, Waco and Houston areas, so I run a lot of miles. For my purposes, my Special Edition Sentra fits the bill very well. I'm 6'1", it could use a tad more leg room. Fuel economy has been in the 31 to 33 mpg range. At 51,450 miles, I'm still on the original rubber. I only hope this little car will see 300,000 miles.

Decent, but not quite good
By Ted Smith on 03/02/06 15:45 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 1.8S Special Edition package, which had a killer stereo system, (in-dash 6-cd changer, 9 speakers (incl sub in the trunk), and the stock cd player. Unfortunately, this was by far the best quality of the car. Within the first 3 weeks of owning the vehicle, the rear strut was replaced & within the first 6 months, the gas tank (& other parts corresponding to the fuel intake) were completely replaced due to a recall. It has also been in the shop at least 4 times since then due to an unaccountable loss of transmission fluid, which has yet to be resolved. MPG has never gotten over 24 city or 28 hwy. I'd say overall somewhat reliable, but needs work on the mfg end of things.

My New Nissan Sentra
By s. wells on 02/11/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My new Nissan Sentra replaced a 20 year old Nissan Sentra so in the beginning I really loved this car. After a few months I noticed the seats are a little too thin and I can feel the motor under the seat when using the automatic windows. Also, the suspension is the same as my old car. It seems the shock absorbing system hasn't changed in 20 years. The car can be very tiring on a drive exceeding a couple of hours. The windows film and are hard to clean. Nissan says this is normal when the car sits in the sun. I finally found a product that will clean the windows and they will not film for a couple of months,

Darn Good Car
By Elisa on 12/22/05 00:55 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine about 5 - 6 months ago, drives good, I don't get 30 mpg though like the other comments left, I get about 20 mpg and 25 on highway, either way it's a cute compact car, dont like the trunk lights too much but the front is nice looking, could be a little bigger inside, overall no problems.

If you like boring
By Art Hampton on 11/01/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this is the car for you. My motive for buying this car was to get the most reliable, economical, dependable transportation for my money. I plan to drive the car for about 15 years and get roughly 150k miles out of it. So far the car has performed perfectly (it's new and it better!). It's quiet, has adequate power for the freeway, handles OK, it's boring! Perfect.

One of the best Foreign economy cars
By faruk on 10/21/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car on finance, never had any problem, i drove honda civic 2004 also in comparision Nissan Sentra is better. nissan sentra & toyota corola both are better than civic. very strong body. my wife loves it. steering wheel is a little stiffer than corola. but it's a little road rocket. as i have manual transmission on this car & actually giving me around 32 to 36 miles a gallon on highways which is great. i would never sell my car for a domestic. my friend had ford focus always broke down on him. he went and bought a sentra. american cars tends to start breaking down after 50k mostly because they focus on quantity, japanese cars are more focused on quality. believe me go test drive it.

Takes a licking...
By carkiller on 10/20/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I beat on this car like I hated it since leaving the lot, and it keeps on going-zero problems even after I drive it on dirt roads, lag on my maintenance requirements, and really act like it is a rental car. Takes all my hard abuse and not a peep. Very solid and great MPG (you can guess I dont tiddle toe around with it-foot to the floor 90% of the time)

Great little car
By Kristin on 10/18/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently got in an accident that caused extensive damage to my car from a high-speed, head-on collision. I walked away just fine without any injuries. AMAZING! The crumple zones were created perfectly, and protected me really well. I didnt even come out with a headache. I defintely stand by my vehicle, and will always drive a nissan

Buy the SE version, you won't regret it
By John on 10/11/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding deal for the money. Buy the SE - don't even consider the S model (which is about $2K more expensive) averaging 37-42 MPG highway, and 36 in town, excellent for a 4 door fully loaded (all power options except transmission). The package on the SE has all the options for $500.00 - ordered separately is over $4,000.00 on S version

Disappointed
By NoNissanForMe on 10/04/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Sentra 1.8 Special in April because I got married and needed a good gas mileage vehicle for my upcoming communte. So far, I am sorely disappointed with the car. I have had it in the shop now 5 times in 5 months. To me, I did not get my money's worth at all. I traded a Ford for this vehicle and I am soon to be trading back into a Ford. The biggest problems that I have with the car are the lack of power (especially going uphill), the loose bumpers, and the loud exhaust, and the gripping brakes and roaring rear axle. I thought I was getting a good car, being my first import, but boy was I wrong. I am going back to my Ford ASAP!!!