2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
My New Nissan Sentra
By s. wells on 02/11/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My new Nissan Sentra replaced a 20 year old Nissan Sentra so in the beginning I really loved this car. After a few months I noticed the seats are a little too thin and I can feel the motor under the seat when using the automatic windows. Also, the suspension is the same as my old car. It seems the shock absorbing system hasn't changed in 20 years. The car can be very tiring on a drive exceeding a couple of hours. The windows film and are hard to clean. Nissan says this is normal when the car sits in the sun. I finally found a product that will clean the windows and they will not film for a couple of months,

Darn Good Car
By Elisa on 12/22/05 00:55 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine about 5 - 6 months ago, drives good, I don't get 30 mpg though like the other comments left, I get about 20 mpg and 25 on highway, either way it's a cute compact car, dont like the trunk lights too much but the front is nice looking, could be a little bigger inside, overall no problems.

If you like boring
By Art Hampton on 11/01/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this is the car for you. My motive for buying this car was to get the most reliable, economical, dependable transportation for my money. I plan to drive the car for about 15 years and get roughly 150k miles out of it. So far the car has performed perfectly (it's new and it better!). It's quiet, has adequate power for the freeway, handles OK, it's boring! Perfect.

One of the best Foreign economy cars
By faruk on 10/21/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car on finance, never had any problem, i drove honda civic 2004 also in comparision Nissan Sentra is better. nissan sentra & toyota corola both are better than civic. very strong body. my wife loves it. steering wheel is a little stiffer than corola. but it's a little road rocket. as i have manual transmission on this car & actually giving me around 32 to 36 miles a gallon on highways which is great. i would never sell my car for a domestic. my friend had ford focus always broke down on him. he went and bought a sentra. american cars tends to start breaking down after 50k mostly because they focus on quantity, japanese cars are more focused on quality. believe me go test drive it.

Takes a licking...
By carkiller on 10/20/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I beat on this car like I hated it since leaving the lot, and it keeps on going-zero problems even after I drive it on dirt roads, lag on my maintenance requirements, and really act like it is a rental car. Takes all my hard abuse and not a peep. Very solid and great MPG (you can guess I dont tiddle toe around with it-foot to the floor 90% of the time)

Great little car
By Kristin on 10/18/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently got in an accident that caused extensive damage to my car from a high-speed, head-on collision. I walked away just fine without any injuries. AMAZING! The crumple zones were created perfectly, and protected me really well. I didnt even come out with a headache. I defintely stand by my vehicle, and will always drive a nissan

Buy the SE version, you won't regret it
By John on 10/11/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding deal for the money. Buy the SE - don't even consider the S model (which is about $2K more expensive) averaging 37-42 MPG highway, and 36 in town, excellent for a 4 door fully loaded (all power options except transmission). The package on the SE has all the options for $500.00 - ordered separately is over $4,000.00 on S version

Disappointed
By NoNissanForMe on 10/04/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Sentra 1.8 Special in April because I got married and needed a good gas mileage vehicle for my upcoming communte. So far, I am sorely disappointed with the car. I have had it in the shop now 5 times in 5 months. To me, I did not get my money's worth at all. I traded a Ford for this vehicle and I am soon to be trading back into a Ford. The biggest problems that I have with the car are the lack of power (especially going uphill), the loose bumpers, and the loud exhaust, and the gripping brakes and roaring rear axle. I thought I was getting a good car, being my first import, but boy was I wrong. I am going back to my Ford ASAP!!!

test drive this with open windows
By MOST on 09/05/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and frankly am dissapointed, the pickup - or lack- thereof, is frustrating - talking about even turning corners, never mind trying to speed up when getting onto a highway! And driving this with open windows even at 25 mph i feel like i'm rocking a boat! As for the fuel - it claims it does 28mpg but it doesn't do more that 20! I thought i'd be getting something worth the name Nissan! - (and i used to drive a 2000 Ford Contour!)

Lots of Pep and Good Gas Mileage
By JT on 08/12/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 1.8S Special Edition package and received an excellent deal. I looked at everything from Scions, Focus, Hondas and Toyotas. One test drive and i was sold, not to mention the deal. This car has been very peppy so far. Not a squeak, rattle or a murmur so far. I'm getting 36mpg, and i average about 65 to 70mph on my commute. The Rockford Fosgate stereo system is incredible. Backseat is a little, but i don't sit there. The dash layout is easy to read, all dials and buttons are where you would think they would be. Trunk is spacious for a small car. Also if you're so inclined this car has been very easy to service yourself.I would recommend this car if you want dependable transport