2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
my little white Nissan
By pboggs on 09/08/06 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car, and I have never been more happy with any purchase, as with this one. I absolutely love my little white Nissan Sentra. It drives like a dream, gets great mileage, and has room for my daughter in her seat in the back. And it has air conditioning. This was our first brand new car, and I don't want anything else, for a very long, long time. I may someday trade it in for a Pathfinder, but for nothing else. Thank you Nissan for helping us to get into this car. We love it.

Great for high miles
By great for high miles on 08/27/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 300 miles a day on a route, mostly highway miles, and this Nissan performs very very well. On a good day, I can AVERAGE 40.58 mpg! The worst I got was 37 mpg. All with great power and really good comfort. I'd highly recommend this car to everyone, based on performance.

Great Car to Own
By David on 07/25/06 00:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased this car I was not looking for anything specific. The great gas mileage caught my eye and after seeing the 300W stereo I was sold. I drive my car mostly around the city but have taken many trips out of town. It handles great on corners and has good acceleration for the engine size. The seats are very comfortable but the back seat could use a little more room. Overall the car is a little smaller than other 4 door sedans. For the price and the included features I thinks its the best value you can get.

nice but id pass on it
By pelt on 07/17/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i would have enjoyed this vehicle if it weren't making this humming noise when going slow or approaching a stop. i took it to the dealership 9 times and they could not fix the problem. they apologized many times. but dealing with nissan has now been the worst experience ever. the car would have been great but still makes some strange noise.

Built to last
By Drive it on 06/22/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Best buy for the money, compare all prices and you will buy the Nissan because of value and dependability. Nissan makes the best engine, period. After you drive your Sentra 320,000 miles you may find it uncomfortable, THEN BUY A NEW ONE, technology changes. I have driven three (3) Sentras for a total of 420,000 miles without an engine service light coming on, this should tell you something. Both of my daughters now own Nissans. I feel better knowing that they are safer, and in a dependable vehicle.

Nice little commuter car
By Earl R on 06/21/06 05:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sentra as an economical commuter car for my 116 mile daily round trip to DC. The car has better power than I expected from a 1.8L, has decent road manners, acceptable ride comfort, and when driven properly can get very close to the EPA estimated 34 mpg on the highway. My actual mileage usually comes in around 31-32, but I do tend to have a heavy right foot. My only real complaint, and this is a common trait in every Nissan I've owned/driven, is the interior room, especially in the rear seat area. I'm 6'-3", and could use just a tad more leg room in front, but I wouldn't even consider climbing in the back of this car. At 23k miles reliability has been perfect so far.

Great for the price
By Ethereal on 03/23/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I do not regret buying it. It handles amazingly well, and I keep pushing it further and further with no complaints back. The car is great for the price.

Great Little Car
By Dave Thomas on 03/20/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm an Insurance appraiser, covering East Texas, Waco and Houston areas, so I run a lot of miles. For my purposes, my Special Edition Sentra fits the bill very well. I'm 6'1", it could use a tad more leg room. Fuel economy has been in the 31 to 33 mpg range. At 51,450 miles, I'm still on the original rubber. I only hope this little car will see 300,000 miles.

Decent, but not quite good
By Ted Smith on 03/02/06 15:45 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 1.8S Special Edition package, which had a killer stereo system, (in-dash 6-cd changer, 9 speakers (incl sub in the trunk), and the stock cd player. Unfortunately, this was by far the best quality of the car. Within the first 3 weeks of owning the vehicle, the rear strut was replaced & within the first 6 months, the gas tank (& other parts corresponding to the fuel intake) were completely replaced due to a recall. It has also been in the shop at least 4 times since then due to an unaccountable loss of transmission fluid, which has yet to be resolved. MPG has never gotten over 24 city or 28 hwy. I'd say overall somewhat reliable, but needs work on the mfg end of things.

My New Nissan Sentra
By s. wells on 02/11/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My new Nissan Sentra replaced a 20 year old Nissan Sentra so in the beginning I really loved this car. After a few months I noticed the seats are a little too thin and I can feel the motor under the seat when using the automatic windows. Also, the suspension is the same as my old car. It seems the shock absorbing system hasn't changed in 20 years. The car can be very tiring on a drive exceeding a couple of hours. The windows film and are hard to clean. Nissan says this is normal when the car sits in the sun. I finally found a product that will clean the windows and they will not film for a couple of months,