Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

not worth much
By worstcar

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is toast. Kraft Nissan in Tallahassee just told me that the car is toast (engine is toast). They said that they had replaced the head gasket and resealed it. They blamed another company. I checked out the other company, saw hardcopies of the service order, and the results. I'm left with the following conclusions: 2005 Nissan Sentra engines don't last 10 years. Kraft Nissan did a poor in their repair What this tells me is that it is foolish to buy a Nissan in Tallahassee. Bad cars and indifferent service.

Suggested Improvements

Need better engines. Must be quality control.

DONT BUY NISSAN!!!!
By kslice39

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

ive had nothing but problems with this car. The bumper randomly fell off, the cd player wont eject or take a cd, the visors wont stay up, battery went out after 6 months, blown head gasket, the passenger side windows wont roll down or if you get them down wont go back up, break light switch went out, check engine light wont go off...keeps saying cylinder 3 is misfiring and all the coils, plugs, injectors have all been replaced and STILL cant figure the problem out. This has all happened within the last year. And nissan has nothing to say about any of this. WORST CAR EVER!! i will never again buy nissan or recommend it to anyone. Not even your worse enemy deserves this pain in the ass.

Favorite Features

NOTHING!

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to own up to this car having issues. Multiple people have had the same exact issues im having. Need to make a vehicle that is sturdy and reliable and actually worth the money. This is the shittiest car iv ever owned.

Best Car for the Money!
By chappysilver

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 5 speed sentra sedan new and it has 81,000 miles on it. A fun, peppy car to drive with good gas mileage. Have not had one problem - have just changed oil frequently, one basic brake job, one new set of tires, one battery, and replaced all belts before a very long trip because the car had 60,000 miles on it and had never had a belt replaced - that's it and it's been in the massachusetts winters. Starts first time every time - best car value that I have ever had bar none. Enjoy!

Nissan Sentra
By emilya01

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car, got it from a dealership used and with roughly 116,000 miles on it. I had the car for maybe a week and it started giving me trouble when I started it. It could sit for up to 5 or more hours and start fine but if it sat for 1 or 2 hours it would take 2 or 3 tries to get it to start up! Replaced the battery...wasn't it...replaced a battery cable...wasn't it. Finally got the fuel pump replaced...works great every since then! Only down fall was the price..$550 to replace! Other than this, I love the car and is great for a first car, small and rides great! Just make sure you have it looked over by a mechanic before you make your purchase(: hope this helps!

Favorite Features

Storage above the radio

Suggested Improvements

Larger consule between driver and passenger seat. Larger backseat space

05' sentra shifts strangely
By islifereal

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this used in 2010 for 6,600 with 83K miles. We found the console light doesn't work nor does the crusie control. It was too late by then to take back to dealership. That was our fault for not checking better. But then we changed the oil after only 40K miles and it was dirty! We haven't found any real problems aside from it shifting jerky going from 1-2 gear and moreso when cold. It is a automatic

Favorite Features

Easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

apparently there is a problem with the tranny