2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
VERY GOOD CAR
By johnnyboy11 on 11/29/11 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought it 2 years ago from the dealership and it had 78,000 miles on it. I have had only one problem out of this car and that was the master window switch. I have kept my oil changed as well as all the other maintenance such as flushing out the radiator and the tranny. this car dont have the get up and go from a dead stop but once i get to around 50 mph, it will take off. i get anywhere from 33mpg to 38mpg in city depending on how i drive and have got 43 on the hwy. this car is going on 114,000 miles and is still running like a new one. i love this thing. i hit a ditch pretty hard and only broke a hub cap. is a very reliable small sedan. could not have done any better.

It's...decent?
By rhiamichelle on 09/28/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 70,000 miles on it. About 2 weeks after I got it, my service engine light came on. Nothing happened for months. Around month 5 the CD player won't spit my CD out, & won't suck them in. After about 6 months, my car started randomly dying while I was doing 70 on freeways, which was a big inconvenience since I drive around 60 miles on the highway a day. Changed the crankshaft position sensor, which was relatively cheap, I guess. This car doesn't stand well in wrecks. I hit a light pole going about 5mph & the back bumper just fell off. I feel that I'm paying far too much for far too little. Not worth it, can't wait to get a new car.

Frustrated!
By bigisland808 on 08/16/11 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car from the orignal owner with low mileage 30K, seemed like a realiable car. The car well kept, inside and out. Too top it off we did our homework, called the dealership... the lady bought in her car faithfully for service since she bought the car. Only thing was there was a nail in the tire which they fixed 2 months ago. Had the car for 3 weeks with no problem then all of a sudden one morning the car had a hard time starting up. Bought into the dealership the very next day and they said that I had a blown headgasket. Nissisan claims it was a defect and costs $1800 to be fixed! AGGHH!

2005 (special edition) 1.8L
By spencer16 on 08/10/11 21:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this used with only 3000 miles on it. It was about a year and a half old, an old lady must have only driven it to church or something. We have had no problems. It is at about 50k miles and we have done oil changes every 3000 miles and we have not had any problems. The car is pretty gutless on the get go but on my way home from work the dashboard MPG gauge indicated 43 MPG when going 65 MPH (Idaho drivers are slow) but it saves at the pump! The car takes at least 2 turns of the key for it to start but it always starts. Not sure why.

cars not built the same
By aharter on 07/05/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 . this car is fun to drive and gets good mileage. The problems with this car are crazy for its age and mileage. Two worm gears replaced in the tranny, new head gasket, radio can't get stations in, front windows hardly work when wet, fuel filter is in fuel pump, clear coat in really bad shape, already has rusted and repaired spots, and I really am afraid for my kids and thier future car choices...planned break down vehicles?

Blown Head gasket Problem
By jayfelix on 02/09/11 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After 65,000 miles i got a blown head gasket and it seems that many people with the same model car had the same problem. No recall, no responsibility. Needless to say, this will be the last Nissan i will ever own. If you are reading this review, DONT BUY IT!! Unless it's mine. After so much money i put into it, it's running decently enough to sell it.

Good commuter car, Faulty Head Gasket
By Idaho Commuter on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Used as as commuter car, it has done really pretty well until the head gasket issue hit us. Nissan should have recalled these vehicles since it is a known defect. It sure seems like every 2005 Sentra WILL eventually have to have the head gasket repaired at $1000+ ($1200 in our region). Shame on Nissan. It has performed admirably other than this major issue. Nice mileage (Avg 36 mpg), and a work horse for us commuting long distances. With the defective head gasket on these cars, we cannot recommend them. We feel our loyalty to Nissan is forever damaged since they have shown no loyalty back to us by not recalling a known major issue. Buyer beware if the head gasket has not been replaced!

Blown Head Gasket
By CANEW on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This 2005 Sentra has a blown head gasket and the dealership, Conicelli Nissan in Conshohocken PA has tried to cover up the problem for months.

Head Gasket Head Gasket Head Gasket
By Mike on 08/26/10 05:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had two sentras a 2002 and a 2005. I enjoyed the ride in these cars and the handling. They both had head gaskets go out and I have to say that this seems to be a problem the sentras. I like the cars but would not buy one just based on the head gaskets. I also had electrical problem with my 2005 the dash lights and wipers would come on and the car would stall all at the same time. Both sentras had problems with the cd player.

Great fun & affordable economy sedan
By OmegaSwitch on 10/28/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After my '89 Taurus workhorse that got be through 5 years happily, this Sentra was a godsend. I was looking for an affordable, compact, and sporty sedan, and this car fit the bill perfectly. It was a joy to drive on every occasion- though the transmission was a bit slick at times-, and I have had no problems with it since my purchase- previous owners experienced no problems to my knowledge. It's not a lavish car by any means- though the audio system is superb-, it's just a fun and simple little sedan. Gas mileage is also quite decent, and the engine has plentiful torque. It has great handling- body roll is present, but traction is abundant-, and the brakes are excellent.