Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

nice but id pass on it
By pelt

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i would have enjoyed this vehicle if it weren't making this humming noise when going slow or approaching a stop. i took it to the dealership 9 times and they could not fix the problem. they apologized many times. but dealing with nissan has now been the worst experience ever. the car would have been great but still makes some strange noise.

Favorite Features

love the design inside around the drivers area, i have the sport vspec model, i wouldn't have purchased anything less then that..

Suggested Improvements

braking system needs improvement. noises my car make seem related to it..

Built to last
By Drive it

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Best buy for the money, compare all prices and you will buy the Nissan because of value and dependability. Nissan makes the best engine, period. After you drive your Sentra 320,000 miles you may find it uncomfortable, THEN BUY A NEW ONE, technology changes. I have driven three (3) Sentras for a total of 420,000 miles without an engine service light coming on, this should tell you something. Both of my daughters now own Nissans. I feel better knowing that they are safer, and in a dependable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Automatic lighting allows you to find keys and to exit car. Remote trunk opener. Power windows and locks included in the low price. Dependable, dependable,dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Wife wants more colors to choose from. Put cup holders on glove box door.

Nice little commuter car
By Earl R

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sentra as an economical commuter car for my 116 mile daily round trip to DC. The car has better power than I expected from a 1.8L, has decent road manners, acceptable ride comfort, and when driven properly can get very close to the EPA estimated 34 mpg on the highway. My actual mileage usually comes in around 31-32, but I do tend to have a heavy right foot. My only real complaint, and this is a common trait in every Nissan I've owned/driven, is the interior room, especially in the rear seat area. I'm 6'-3", and could use just a tad more leg room in front, but I wouldn't even consider climbing in the back of this car. At 23k miles reliability has been perfect so far.

Favorite Features

Peppy engine (for an economy car), sporty styling, good handling (again, for an econo car), good a/c.

Suggested Improvements

More interior room (which I believe they've addressed for 2007), maybe a little better base sound system.

Great for the price
By Ethereal

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I do not regret buying it. It handles amazingly well, and I keep pushing it further and further with no complaints back. The car is great for the price.

Favorite Features

I love the acceleration. Love the handling, and love the sound of the engine. Very fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior front end( I want back the 2002!) Uncomfortable in long rides. I didn't get ABS with mine, but happy I didn't.

Great Little Car
By Dave Thomas

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm an Insurance appraiser, covering East Texas, Waco and Houston areas, so I run a lot of miles. For my purposes, my Special Edition Sentra fits the bill very well. I'm 6'1", it could use a tad more leg room. Fuel economy has been in the 31 to 33 mpg range. At 51,450 miles, I'm still on the original rubber. I only hope this little car will see 300,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Excellent Stereo. It has sufficient acceleration. The brakes are very good. I do wish it had rear independent suspension.

Suggested Improvements

A lttle more leg room, independent rear suspension would greatly improve cornering. (I know, mo money!)