2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great Value For The Money
By AAJ on 04/01/05 00:18 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Three days ago I bought a 1.8S special edition for only 11988 at a local dealer and so far its been a wonderful car. The drive is average to slightly above average for economy standards. With all the features I got such as a six cd changer and 9 speaker sound system with subwoofer it just seems like a too good to be true deal. Even though the sticker price was 16870 local dealers had it for 11988.Features on the car included the floor mats, splash gaurds, microfilter, 16" alloy wheels, spoiler, 300 watt sound system, keyless entry and even a leather wrapped steering wheel. To compare, it would take 6k more to have a civic with the same features(ex model) and 3k more for the Corolla LE.

Love it
By Shirley Brown on 03/19/05 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second new Sentra. Bought the first, a 1999 in December of 1998. I had no problems with it. Bought this one, a 2005 in December of 2004. The back seat leg room is best for smaller people. It drives and rides great! I don't think you can beat the looks or ride for the money.

My Sentra
By erehdogmai on 03/16/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Sentra! I've owned Nissans all of my life and am impressed with the quality & features of this Sentra. it's a true player in the small car market. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

NICE BUT UNDERPOWERED
By S BLUM on 03/05/05 23:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's a nice little car, but feels underpowered. I have the special edition w/ alloy rims, rockford fuzgate stereo, and a little rear spoiler. Overall i'm happy with the car but that underpowered feeling doesn't go away. Also the gas miliage i'm getting is lower then the epa estimates. It is 29 mpg overall, but i do atleast a third of my driving on the highway. The 1 other drawback, and it's minor is the cup holder. It's by far the worst ever designed. wont hold anything bigger then a 12oz can and there's no room virtically so the larger cups w/ slim bases don't fit either. Had i realized this, I probably would have passed on the car, eventhough it was very good value.

Lovin it
By daarell on 02/24/05 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I own one a 2005. I love it very good car and reliable. I think nissan even made it look more sporty.

My 'first' foreign car
By flstfjet on 02/19/05 08:16 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first import in 20 years. Traded in my Envoy for this car, and so far I love it! Mileage is excellent, but I'm still getting used to the small size. Looked at Hondas, but due to the price and the way I was treated at my local 'friendly' dealership, I wouldn't have a Honda for anything now. I was treated extremely well at the Nissan dealership and plan to make them my first visit for my next car. I love this car!

Sentra SER
By John on 02/09/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The option it offers compare to price are great but fuel economy in city driving is really less advertised. SER stearing is very very senstive (responsive) at high speed. While driving if you not pay "full" attention to the road then you can get in serious accident.

my opinion
By julia madden on 02/08/05 08:29 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned a 2001 altima and now have a 2005 sentra,body,comfort,reliability are basically the same as my old altima mileage is great. the only thing i have found i'm not real fond of is it is lighter than the altima was and is easy to drift when trucks pass it,

VTEC KILLER
By JohnSpecV on 02/06/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is incredible, the low end torque is the best. Ive modded my spec and the car doesn't seem to mind. Runs very good drives very hard, the Back seat isn't that big so if you looking for a 4 seater this isn't the car. This is fast car.

Great Car for the MONEY
By JohnB on 02/04/05 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drive in excess of 100 miles daily and choose the Nissan Sentra 1.8 S for its styling, performance, and dependability vs. the cost of ownership. I am getting over 36 MPG with the automatic transmission. The car has good acceleration for its engine size and is a very comfortable ride. The Sentra 1.8 S package offers luxury items that are convienient without a huge expense; remote keyless entry, power windows/doors/mirrors - I was impressed with all the little features the car has. Alot of VALUE.