Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Trouble
By I Love My Car BUT...

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in May of 05 and love it to death. I don't know what I'd do without it. The audio system is excellent and I believe it is roomy enough for me. But in Dec 06 my car has mysteriously stopped turning on but once it is on it runs great. So far the dealership keep replacing the fuel pump and spark plugs and it works for about a week or less, then I can't start it again and again with the replacements. I love this car but it is trouble....

Favorite Features

I love the Audio system, the look of the car, the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Why are the cup holders in that area??? I don't know but when you put a cup in it changes the cds. Oh and my starting problem...

Great FWD car!!
By kpad1ne

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my spec-v for almost 2 years now and I love it. Amazingly the vehicle handles great for a front wheel drive and it continues to stick to the road the more you push it. Great torque through the mid-range and braking system is awesome. 24k and still do not need to replace brakes and I'm a very aggressive driver. Best bang for the buck!!!! Outperforms majority of 4 cylinders out there and even 6 cyl.cars-speaking from experience

Favorite Features

Amazing handling for a FWD and great power

Suggested Improvements

Exterior front end is too weak and interior features could have been a lot better

Remote entry problems, Again!!!!!
By disgrunteled owner

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 30,000 miles the remote entry module went out. It's got just under 50k, and it's going out again. The day we bought the car, the passenger front window seal flipped and had to be replaced. The driver's window made a very loud cracking noise when the window was rolled all the way up, and the regulator mount had to be welded to cure this, at 15k, and it's starting again. It's only had mobile 1 since new, but quite often suffers from lifter noise. I trust this car very little, and I think the experts agree. That's what leads to very low resell value. If I could squeeze this car, I'd get lemonade.

Favorite Features

Accessory input on stereo that my wife has a cassette connected to

Suggested Improvements

Build it better, in every aspect. This car replaced a Hyundai Accent. The Accent was a better car, even at 90,000 miles, and it was no peach! Also, with the special edition stereo, every time we use the cup holder, the cup hits the cd select, changing the stereo.

Lousy dealer. Great car
By nissan sentra sedan

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

we have owned 23 Nissans, 18 have been Sentras. We currently also own a 2006 Corolla. The Sentra is more stable on the road and slightly better in mpg. Maintenance costs are very low. Note factory tires hold up better than the oe tires on the Corolla as well.

Favorite Features

reliability, stability and mpg. I have had the misfortune to have our family involved in 6 accidents over the years. Thanksfully, the Sentra's collapsibility to absorb impact has minimized our injuries.

Suggested Improvements

Sleeker outside style. Widen distance between driver's right side and console Different seat material option: The vibe (we own as well) has a highly washable, gortex type of material.

Just purchased vehicle.
By Judith Rothstein

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Only drove it once so far and was satisfied the way it handled. I like the latest features and safety provisions.

Favorite Features

Automatic drive, power steering, keyless door opener, CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Do not own it long enough to comment.