2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
DON'T IT
By notonissan1 on 03/27/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

March 2005, I purchased my first Nissan. Faithfully maintained. Over a year and over 3K later my mechanic gave up and said take it to Nissan - 3rd cylinder misfire. How can so many owners have the same problem and Nissan doesn't recall it? NO MORE NISSANS for me.

Best car I ever owned.
By jpolack on 07/18/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had dozens of cars and this has been the best. Purchased used with about 40,000 miles, now about 90,000. Only repairs have been wearout items like tires, battery, etc. Always starts. Have the 5 speed stick shift and it has lots of power, even with the a/c on, which by the way, works very well. Has power windows, power brakes, cd, a/c, cruise control, remote trunk and mirrors, just enough gadgets to be comfortable. It's not a luxury car, but for an econobox, its really a great great car.

Best Car for the Money!
By chappysilver on 08/23/12 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 5 speed sentra sedan new and it has 81,000 miles on it. A fun, peppy car to drive with good gas mileage. Have not had one problem - have just changed oil frequently, one basic brake job, one new set of tires, one battery, and replaced all belts before a very long trip because the car had 60,000 miles on it and had never had a belt replaced - that's it and it's been in the massachusetts winters. Starts first time every time - best car value that I have ever had bar none. Enjoy!

not a bad car
By Josh on 09/11/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the special edition model. The stereo is awesome for stock. I bought the car with 75000 miles on it. It now has 105000. I havnt had any mechanical problems other than it is a 3 cranker starter, also the brakes (normal wear and tear), the fan blade burning out (easy to replace) and a pulley that is squawking (yet to replace but no real problems with it yet). I'm not sure of any mechanical problems if any the car had before i bought it. I have a lead foot and drive the car hard everyday and the car takes it and then some with ease.

This is the worst car I ever owned.
By Mike on 03/06/09 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is hands down the worst car I ever owned. At around 30 thousand kilometers, it started to leak water every time it rained a little bit harder, both passenger and drivers side door rubber/seals. At around 85 thousand kilometers a blown head gasket, astronomical cost to repair, close to $2000. 89 thousand kilometers, check engine light constantly on. I owned several economy class cars before this one and Sentra is hands down the most unreliable car I ever had. I will NEVER own a Nissan again.

Get the warranty!
By Just not worth it on 11/20/08 20:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and I purchased the car with 23,500 miles on it. At 30,000 I had a problem with the starter hesitating to turn over. I kept up the expensive oil changes and paid for every service that was suggested. At 45,780 the check engine light came on and at 45,970 the heat went. I was informed by Nissan today that the engine has to be replaced to to a bad head gasket that caused several other problems. Thankfully Nissan is covering it but I'm seriously thinking of trading this junk in for another car. A blown head gasket at almost 46,000 miles!

Love most of it
By sammy63 on 11/12/08 07:50 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used, and bought it mostly for the gas mileage. I figured if it's smaller and less sporty than I wanted it would make up the difference in the mileage. As of today, I am very happy with the purchase, I love the gas mileage it gets (34-40) each tank gets about 37 mpg average. The features are great and so far the only money I have put into this car is for oil changes, brakes and a sensor (which was a bit pricey) for the fuel injector (car had a hard time starting). I now have over 70,000 on it and plan on taking it on a 1200 mile trip, but from reading other reviews, I am concerned about the head gasket. Well... I'm going to take the trip and hope for the best. Great car!!

I hate this car!
By Bummed Sentra Driver on 10/02/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've had a terrible time with this car. The first issue we had was the CD player ate the disk and won't throw it up. The car overheats constantly. We can't take it out of town for fear of being stranded. It is reluctant starting, it usually takes 3 times to get it to start!

Just purchased vehicle.
By Judith Rothstein on 11/12/06 12:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Only drove it once so far and was satisfied the way it handled. I like the latest features and safety provisions.

my little white Nissan
By pboggs on 09/08/06 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car, and I have never been more happy with any purchase, as with this one. I absolutely love my little white Nissan Sentra. It drives like a dream, gets great mileage, and has room for my daughter in her seat in the back. And it has air conditioning. This was our first brand new car, and I don't want anything else, for a very long, long time. I may someday trade it in for a Pathfinder, but for nothing else. Thank you Nissan for helping us to get into this car. We love it.