2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
Great fun & affordable economy sedan
By OmegaSwitch on 10/28/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After my '89 Taurus workhorse that got be through 5 years happily, this Sentra was a godsend. I was looking for an affordable, compact, and sporty sedan, and this car fit the bill perfectly. It was a joy to drive on every occasion- though the transmission was a bit slick at times-, and I have had no problems with it since my purchase- previous owners experienced no problems to my knowledge. It's not a lavish car by any means- though the audio system is superb-, it's just a fun and simple little sedan. Gas mileage is also quite decent, and the engine has plentiful torque. It has great handling- body roll is present, but traction is abundant-, and the brakes are excellent.

great handling, fun to drive
By Pete from Houston on 04/15/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Had it for 3 years and have driven it hard. Two sets of tires and one set of brakes in 83K miles. You can't ask for more. Would have liked to have gotten better MPG (avg of 24 combined), but hey it's a performance car. Nissan did their homework on the handling, and the engine is very responsive.

Used to love it
By Not so happy on 04/03/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My son test-drove cars for me and decided on the Nissan Sentra. Brought it home and I loved it. Had it for three years and 1 week, made the last payment, and the next day the Service Engine Soon light came on. Drove immediately to the dealership and they said the head gasket was going and needed to be replaced -- on a three year old car. Are they programmed to have problems as soon as they are paid for? Cost me $1,245 yesterday and they recommended on the receipt that I put it an for an additional $600 more in repairs. If you keep up with oil changes, etc., a car should last longer than three years.

Great Toy.
By DeshispecV on 10/15/07 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Even tho I bought my Spec V with a lot of miles on it, it still runs real good. It's a champ on the streets. It's a sleeper car stock and a beast with mods. I love driving it and seeing the looks on peoples faces when I fly past them in their V6s. Great toy to have.

Great FWD car!!
By kpad1ne on 01/25/07 16:08 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my spec-v for almost 2 years now and I love it. Amazingly the vehicle handles great for a front wheel drive and it continues to stick to the road the more you push it. Great torque through the mid-range and braking system is awesome. 24k and still do not need to replace brakes and I'm a very aggressive driver. Best bang for the buck!!!! Outperforms majority of 4 cylinders out there and even 6 cyl.cars-speaking from experience

nice but id pass on it
By pelt on 07/17/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i would have enjoyed this vehicle if it weren't making this humming noise when going slow or approaching a stop. i took it to the dealership 9 times and they could not fix the problem. they apologized many times. but dealing with nissan has now been the worst experience ever. the car would have been great but still makes some strange noise.

Great for the price
By Ethereal on 03/23/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I do not regret buying it. It handles amazingly well, and I keep pushing it further and further with no complaints back. The car is great for the price.

Nismo Hellion
By Orange Hellion on 11/22/05 17:30 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am a previous 89 Maxima SE owner (still running with 210K miles son has it) and thought the down grade would make me miss the Maxima. This was not the case, I now have better performance and fuel economy (avg 29.5) and when I purchased it I added two tone black/orange leather. The NISMO cat back and cold air intake were worthy investments the performance increase with these put me now at 95/99 Maxima numbers (184 Hp@ 4k rpm and 195 ft/lbs @ 4K). The leather upgrade gave it a very upscale look to. Thanks to the guys at Maxwell Town North Nissan for making it all happen at a great price.

I love my Nissan
By womenscountry on 11/05/05 10:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I used the internet to compare cars along with Comsumer Report. I bought my Sentra after 3 months of research led me to believe it was the car for me. I drive in town and on the highway and it does great in both modes. I am not a speedster so a small 4 cylindar car with high MPG is what I was looking for. The price was great too. So far it has performed as I thought it would. I have driven both Toyotas and Mazdas in the past but they are both getting a bit pricey for what I need a car to do. I would buy it again, no doubt.

2 Thumbs up for the Spec V !!!!!
By bennyspecv on 09/07/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First of all, I had a 2002 sentra XE (touring: Mags,rear spoiler & 6 CD changer). The upgrade to a 2005 SE-R SpecV was well appreciated. The SpecV is so fun to drive.... when you take a corner that you are used to take with another car in the specV, you will see that the handling is surprising and when you think you can't go faster, it sticks to the road. The only regret I have is that they changed the exterior look from the 2002-2003 but the overall performance takes your mind off the body and keeps it on the road !!!!