2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Sentra Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Did not age well
By Matt Russell

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My car has 70,000 miles on it. Between 50,000 and 70,000 I have had to replace the catalytic converter, the timing chain, the entire exhaust system, and a whole slew of sensors. The car has become a money pit. I enjoyed the car for the first 50,000 miles, but it has become an unreliable nightmare.

Favorite Features

The interior is small but cozy. I'm only 5'7", and I would put that as the limit of what is a comfortable height for a driver or passenger in this car. When it runs, the car is definitely quick and a joy to drive in fast moving traffic. With snow tires, the car is great in the snow. With all seasons, you won't be going anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

More resilient exhaust system, better sensors, better overall quality. This car is really frustrating me and making my life more difficult than it needs to be. After forking out for this next repair, it will be beyond time to get rid of it. It has become a very expensive car to own.

Great Little Car
By Kitchy Guy

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's a fun little car to drive. There are other cars out there with better performance, but at a much bigger price tag. I've had the car for almost 3 years now, I love the performance. No matter how fast I'm going, if I hit the gas, it still has plenty of pick-up. Due to the size of the engine, the fuel economy isn't the best (maybe it's how I drive). The torque also makes driving in the snow a challenge. The front seats are very comfortable, the back seat is small for 2 adults, 3 adults is just uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

The best part of the car is being able to get around that slowpoke, no matter how small a window you might have. It has push-you-into-your-seat acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat is a bit of a joke. The gas tank is the same as on the lower powered models that get better mileage, so the range is surprisingly limited.

Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Mike

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Nissan Sentra SE-R for a while now and simply love the car! Its sporty appeal is a very good quality to me. Not to mention that Nissan has a reputation that only a few makers can match when it comes to Tuner/Race cars and their quality and knowledge in the field. I feel very confident about the future performance of this car and look forward to continued business with this automaker!!!

Favorite Features

The exterior design is pleasing to look at. The interior is sporty but stil a bit conservative while the PUNCH from the gas pedal is insane for such a small inexpensive car!!!

Suggested Improvements

More interior ideas from the "Big Brother" Nissan Altima SE-R. Perhaps a bit more horsepower from the factory floor. 165-170 is great, but a 200 and slighty above would be interresting.

Sweet ride
By Mario

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I picked up a SE-R a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving it. It has good power, sweet handling, and looks sharp in the blackout color that I bought. The stock stereo system has a AUX in for your MP3 player which is a huge plus for me. An excellent car with some nice power for a low price.

Sentra SER
By John

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The option it offers compare to price are great but fuel economy in city driving is really less advertised. SER stearing is very very senstive (responsive) at high speed. While driving if you not pay "full" attention to the road then you can get in serious accident.

Favorite Features

Its really fast.

Suggested Improvements

Antenna need to be power and in rear. Speedometer needs to be sporty and front of vehicle needs new shape.

Not Bad for the price
By Jay Solomon

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The SE-R has plenty of pep and power on the highway (2.5) Everyone says that the car has a great look and it drives like a sports car. The seating is low to the ground which requires some adjustment since I also drive a 4- Runner. The sports package gives the car a bumpy ride on roads that are less that perfect. The steering is highly responsive and overall, for the money it seems to be a great little car. I have about 700 miles on the car. The quality of the sound system is surprising. For my taste I wish I would have moved up to a Honda Accord or BMW 300 series just to have more car under me. The price, however, was just too tempting.

Favorite Features

Sports car feel. The 2.5 gives you great get up and go. Gas mileage and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The car should be just a tad larger for leg room in the back seat and the car could use some shocks. On a bumpy road its a killer.

Not Bad for the price
By Jay Solomon

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The SE-R has plenty of pep and power on the highway (2.5) Everyone says that the car has a great look and it drives like a sports car. The seating is low to the ground which requires some adjustment since I also drive a 4- Runner. The sports package gives the car a bumpy ride on roads that are less that perfect. The stearing is highly responsive and overall, for the money it seems to be a great little car. I have about 700 miles on the car. The quality of the sound system is surprising. For my taste I wish I would have moved up to a Honda Accord or BMW 300 series just to have more car under me. The price, however, was just too tempting.

SER Review
By nickyp

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The SER provides a nice alternative to the standard Sentra for those looking for a faster automatic shifter. If you add the spoiler and the bigger wheels you can transform the standard Sentra into a more sportier car. The upgraded audio package gives off loud, but very clear acoustics.

Favorite Features

165 Horsepower, smooth acceleration, good handling

Suggested Improvements

cup holders don't fit a large size cup, turining radius is suprisingly limited