2005 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Been Pretty Reliable So Far
By myfirstnissan on 07/24/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S since Feb. 2009. It had 58,000 miles on it when I bought it, and now has 122,000. Overall it has been a reliable car. In addition to the normal wear & tear stuff with any car you buy, I recently have had to change the rear struts, rotors & brake pads, left lower control arm, right tie rod end, and had an alignment. Overall, so far the car has been good to me.

DON'T IT
By notonissan1 on 03/27/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

March 2005, I purchased my first Nissan. Faithfully maintained. Over a year and over 3K later my mechanic gave up and said take it to Nissan - 3rd cylinder misfire. How can so many owners have the same problem and Nissan doesn't recall it? NO MORE NISSANS for me.

Best car I ever owned.
By jpolack on 07/18/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had dozens of cars and this has been the best. Purchased used with about 40,000 miles, now about 90,000. Only repairs have been wearout items like tires, battery, etc. Always starts. Have the 5 speed stick shift and it has lots of power, even with the a/c on, which by the way, works very well. Has power windows, power brakes, cd, a/c, cruise control, remote trunk and mirrors, just enough gadgets to be comfortable. It's not a luxury car, but for an econobox, its really a great great car.

not worth much
By worstcar on 05/29/13 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is toast. Kraft Nissan in Tallahassee just told me that the car is toast (engine is toast). They said that they had replaced the head gasket and resealed it. They blamed another company. I checked out the other company, saw hardcopies of the service order, and the results. I'm left with the following conclusions: 2005 Nissan Sentra engines don't last 10 years. Kraft Nissan did a poor in their repair What this tells me is that it is foolish to buy a Nissan in Tallahassee. Bad cars and indifferent service.

DONT BUY NISSAN!!!!
By kslice39 on 05/10/13 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

ive had nothing but problems with this car. The bumper randomly fell off, the cd player wont eject or take a cd, the visors wont stay up, battery went out after 6 months, blown head gasket, the passenger side windows wont roll down or if you get them down wont go back up, break light switch went out, check engine light wont go off...keeps saying cylinder 3 is misfiring and all the coils, plugs, injectors have all been replaced and STILL cant figure the problem out. This has all happened within the last year. And nissan has nothing to say about any of this. WORST CAR EVER!! i will never again buy nissan or recommend it to anyone. Not even your worse enemy deserves this pain in the ass.

Best Car for the Money!
By chappysilver on 08/23/12 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 5 speed sentra sedan new and it has 81,000 miles on it. A fun, peppy car to drive with good gas mileage. Have not had one problem - have just changed oil frequently, one basic brake job, one new set of tires, one battery, and replaced all belts before a very long trip because the car had 60,000 miles on it and had never had a belt replaced - that's it and it's been in the massachusetts winters. Starts first time every time - best car value that I have ever had bar none. Enjoy!

Nissan Sentra
By emilya01 on 03/29/12 19:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car, got it from a dealership used and with roughly 116,000 miles on it. I had the car for maybe a week and it started giving me trouble when I started it. It could sit for up to 5 or more hours and start fine but if it sat for 1 or 2 hours it would take 2 or 3 tries to get it to start up! Replaced the battery...wasn't it...replaced a battery cable...wasn't it. Finally got the fuel pump replaced...works great every since then! Only down fall was the price..$550 to replace! Other than this, I love the car and is great for a first car, small and rides great! Just make sure you have it looked over by a mechanic before you make your purchase(: hope this helps!

05' sentra shifts strangely
By islifereal on 02/24/12 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this used in 2010 for 6,600 with 83K miles. We found the console light doesn't work nor does the crusie control. It was too late by then to take back to dealership. That was our fault for not checking better. But then we changed the oil after only 40K miles and it was dirty! We haven't found any real problems aside from it shifting jerky going from 1-2 gear and moreso when cold. It is a automatic

Blown head gasket 110KKM, 5 years old
By bjinqc on 01/10/12 02:36 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Seriously? I have never blown a head gasket on 5 other vehicles that I have taken over 250KKM., two past 400 What modern car maker can fail to prevent such a potentially serious design flaw or to correct it once it becomes generally known? The old style school of denial just does not work in the internet age. Fool me once, shame on me... anything but a Nissan the next time.

VERY GOOD CAR
By johnnyboy11 on 11/29/11 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought it 2 years ago from the dealership and it had 78,000 miles on it. I have had only one problem out of this car and that was the master window switch. I have kept my oil changed as well as all the other maintenance such as flushing out the radiator and the tranny. this car dont have the get up and go from a dead stop but once i get to around 50 mph, it will take off. i get anywhere from 33mpg to 38mpg in city depending on how i drive and have got 43 on the hwy. this car is going on 114,000 miles and is still running like a new one. i love this thing. i hit a ditch pretty hard and only broke a hub cap. is a very reliable small sedan. could not have done any better.