2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Great Little Compact

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

1.8 S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Compact
By Erin in Indy on

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I was downgrading quite a bit, so it took some time to get used to it. But other than my 'snobbishness' to it originally, it's been a great little car. I have over 100K miles on it, have driven it from IN to TX and to FL a couple times, plus a 60 mile commute for work everyday. I've had very little trouble with it mechanically. Had an engine issue a couple yrs after I bought it, but that was covered under my warranty. Otherwise only normal things like new tires and brakes. It's been comfortable on long road trips. I wouldn't want to sit in the back for very long but then I again, I don't have to. :)

Reliability and gas mileage! I hated watching filling my car go from $17 to $30 when the gas prices went up, but I wasn't taking near the hit my SUV driving friends were. :)

On my particular model I hate the tail lights. This may have already been improved but to be honest my car is paid off and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off so I don't look at cars too much these days unless they are truly impressive, dream type cars. :)