2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Not a typical entry-level mode

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

Not a typical entry-level model!
By ScottinRKE on

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my 4th Nissan (1 Sentra and 2 Altimas). I made the mistake of buying the '02 Altima when it 1st came out, and had nothing but problems. While at the dealership (where it had been towed again) I saw the Sentra. The interior was far nicer - though smaller, had the same engine, and the price was right. Bought it on the spot. While not as attention getting as the Altima, it feels much more solidly built, and has standard options (ABS, side-impact SRS, trip computer) that I have never had. Very underrated car!

Front design - in keeping with the Maxima standard. The pick up is outstanding. Great standard features for this trim level. Adequate headroom for all 6'3'' of me.

Rear design resembles a Hyundai. Suspension/tires should be improved to handle the 2.5. Floor it, and the front end gets a life of its own. MPG is horrible. I am only getting 22.5 in suburban driving while not driving aggressively.