2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: My Mini-BMW in Volcanic Orange

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

SE-R Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My Mini-BMW in Volcanic Orange
By amgpig9 on

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I chose this Sentra after having driven the 1.8S, the 2.5S, and the Altima 2.5S. The Altima, while nice, was too big and "family car." The 1.8S and 2.5S Sentras were too dull, despite the facelift (I just came from a 98 Mitsubishi Mirage…so I know from slow.) This SE-R was just right. The Altima’s torque-rich, responsive engine, the sporty size, and the solid Nissan build quality. Plus the updated look, while bizarre on the "normal" Sentras, works like a charm on the SE-R models (I think it has to do with the paint choices.) It’s fast…it’s loaded (sunroof/ABS/160-Watt stereo), and it’s a Volcanic Orange masterpiece!

Favorite Features

The gorgeous exterior paint. The sunroof (which opens, flips up, and closes at the touch of a button.) The amazing engine!!! The build quality. I really love this car. It is like a mini-BMW. For about $15,000 less.

Suggested Improvements

Smallish back seat space. If you’re not wanting a sports car, the SE-R has a direct, slightly harsh ride. If you want a little more "cush" with your push, you should get the 2.5S (and leave the 1.8S for the rental fleet.)