2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - $20000 problem

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Review

$20000 problem
By eelface75 on

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Runs pretty strong for a 4 cyl. However, this thing has horrible rattle problems, every area of car has rattles. Had dash removed once, temp. fixed worst rattle that clicked nonstop from Pittsburgh to Lexington,KY. Several recalls wasting my time going to dealership. Calling Nissan Monday to try to get out of junk car. Paint smears when waxed like my previous 01 Sentra (yes, I know how to wax a car, only Sentras have done this to me and I use best polishes.) Cracked brake pad make horrible barking noise after only 7000 miles. Could go on for days.

Favorite Features

Good power, good features, decent sport appearance except for standard Sentra bubbly looking rear end.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage stinks, rattles galore, problem on Sentras with dash rattles as this, my previous, and loaner Sentras all rattled on driver and passenger sides of dash near windshield by door pillars. If a firmer suspension causes this many rattles, then fix it please.