Declared a Lemon
By Edward on
2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
With this vehicle, I REALLY feel that I am being ripped off since the reliability has dipped WAY below zero in my book, and there were times that I felt Hyundais were better cars until I read worse reviews. Either way, I could've had my Buick repaired for the price of 1-3 loan payments instead of paying $320/month for an unreliable piece of junk that I had to tow twice, stall on the freeway and lose a job over the refusal to provide loaner cars. I had to bring in the car 8 times within the last year for ECU, brakes and transmission issues, and I sincerely thank the BBB for helping me win a Lemon Law settlement!
Favorite Features
Only the fact that it got me from point A to point B, but that was about it until I feared for my life when it stalled on the freeway.
Suggested Improvements
Don't skimp on design and materials (e.g. spare tire cover that snapped, stain-magnet seats, cupholders that can't accomodate larger cups without leaning/spilling), needs more interior space, better acceleration and IMPROVE QUALITY CONTROL; this car is giving Nissan a bad name!